Cat had kittens

pimpin_posey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my cat recently had 5 kittens. 4 boys and 1 girl. well its been bout a week and a half now. the mamma cat keeps trying to take the kittens under the bed. we have them in a box in the corner of the room in a box with blankets. we cant figure out why. she sux at carrying them too. she usually drops it like 8 times. we jus curious if we should worry.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't be worried. She probably thinks the bed is more safer cause its out of peoples way to bother her kids. We had that problem course our cat wanted to put the kittens in the car (she was outside cat) everytime we had our windows down.

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mum knows best in this situations, and if she feels that her litter is safer under the bed then thats up to her. If being out in the open is stressing her (which it probably is, judging by her attempts to move) this stress may lead to her abandoning her kittens and her milk drying up. So, if she wants to move them, I'd let her. As for dropping them, she is probably in a rush and trying to move them as quickly as possible before being interrupted.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Also, please keep her locked indoors until the kittens are ready to be taken from her and given good homes, and then get her spayed right away. Besides the shortage of homes for puppies and kittens who are already out there in the world, it'll also do WONDERS for mama's lifespan, health, and personality. :)

I know dogs who aren't spayed are very likely to get this hideous infection of the womb that...well, let's just say it's vile, messy, and usually fatal. :eek: Cats may get it too, I dunno, but I definitely know they get mammary tumors. A vet could tell you more.

Pictures of kittens? Provided they can be taken without upsetting the mom, of course.