Caring for a Yellow Sac Spider

Violaplayer

Arachnopeon
Earlier today, me and my friends found what we believe to be a yellow sac spider. We caught it and I took it home, and I’m not really sure what to do. Does anybody know how to tell how old/the gender of one of there? Also, tips/tricks and general how to care for them would be much appreciated. I’ve done research, but I only got a little bit of info. Anything helps! :)

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
Oh fun! Love these little guys. It's probably a Cheiracanthium inclusum or mildei seeing as you're in the US. You should post pics! The females tend to be bigger and have rounder, and larger abdomens. The males are a bit smaller and skinnier. The ends of the pedipalps for mature males are also bigger and darker.
I have a MM C inclusum named Peaches that I found in my house in October. He molted twice in my care and has been mature for over 2 months now. I've kind of been winging it as like you said there isn't much info on care.
Peaches lives in a 4x4x4 inch enclosure with substrate, some cork bark, and some fake plants. I keep the substrate lightly damp and "make it rain" (just spritzing the walls) around once a week or so (depends on how it looks in there. He gets fed small live prey once a week depending on abdomen size. They often live in houses so normal room temp should be fine. I keep mine around 20-23⁰ celsius.
He spends about 22 hours a day in one of his web sacs (he has built multiple throughout the enclosure and uses most of them). He's active for about 2 hours between 4-6am when he runs around the whole enclosure at about the speed of light.

Please take everything I've said here with a massive grain of salt as I've only ever kept 1 and only for like 5 months. There is a good chance that I am just very very lucky lolol. Please if anyone has more info let us know. Good luck with your new pet!

(Sorry about pic quality but here is his enclosure)
20240314_152238.jpg
You can kinda see it here but the ends of his pedipalps are very big and dark
20240314_152301.jpg

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
These little guys are demons (jk). I've never found a spider species that actually tries to bite, as much as these guys. I've been bitten twice by them, and thats more than I can say for any other spider lol. I still love them, they look and move like tiny huntsman spiders.

edit: They are not dangerous at all for anyone worried, but their bite is pretty painful for a few minutes.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
These little guys are demons (jk). I've never found a spider species that actually tries to bite, as much as these guys. I've been bitten twice by them, and thats more than I can say for any other spider lol. I still love them, they look and move like tiny huntsman spiders.

edit: They are not dangerous at all for anyone worried, but their bite is pretty painful for a few minutes.
Yeah I saw one on the tv a few days ago I don’t bother them because I was also bitten by one many years ago. Ouch 🤕
Oh fun! Love these little guys. It's probably a Cheiracanthium inclusum or mildei seeing as you're in the US. You should post pics! The females tend to be bigger and have rounder, and larger abdomens. The males are a bit smaller and skinnier. The ends of the pedipalps for mature males are also bigger and darker.
I have a MM C inclusum named Peaches that I found in my house in October. He molted twice in my care and has been mature for over 2 months now. I've kind of been winging it as like you said there isn't much info on care.
Peaches lives in a 4x4x4 inch enclosure with substrate, some cork bark, and some fake plants. I keep the substrate lightly damp and "make it rain" (just spritzing the walls) around once a week or so (depends on how it looks in there. He gets fed small live prey once a week depending on abdomen size. They often live in houses so normal room temp should be fine. I keep mine around 20-23⁰ celsius.
He spends about 22 hours a day in one of his web sacs (he has built multiple throughout the enclosure and uses most of them). He's active for about 2 hours between 4-6am when he runs around the whole enclosure at about the speed of light.

Please take everything I've said here with a massive grain of salt as I've only ever kept 1 and only for like 5 months. There is a good chance that I am just very very lucky lolol. Please if anyone has more info let us know. Good luck with your new pet!

(Sorry about pic quality but here is his enclosure)
View attachment 468934
You can kinda see it here but the ends of his pedipalps are very big and dark
View attachment 468935
interesting I’ve never kept one.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
They are definitely fast and ready to fight lolol. I've been very lucky and have yet to get bit by one (as far as I know). Travis McEnery on youtube does a wonderful series called The Spiders in your house where he talks about and sometimes interacts with common true spiders in north america. He has one on yellow sac spiders where at one point he tests a couple C mildei's "aggression" by bugging them with cheese on a stick. The male just retreats repeatedly but pretty quickly the female goes on the offense and does her best to take down the offending cheese cube 😆 Seems that the females can be more likely to stand their ground than many other species...