Caresheet or info on : Ornithoctonus sp."Koh samui"

grayhound

Arachnosquire
Hi

Tomorrow I'm aquiring two 1 " slings. Ornithoctonus sp."Koh samui". I am having a terrible time finding specifics on them. Can anyone please tell me how I should keep them? Heat, humidity, how a nice enclosure is setup for one. etc. Thanks

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Keep them exactly the same as Haplopelma or other burrowing members of the subfamily Ornithoctoninae.(So deep substate kept on the moist side!)
This species does not get very large and males tend to mature around the 2" size!
Hope that helps!
-Chris

grayhound

Arachnosquire
thanks

Keep them exactly the same as Haplopelma or other burrowing members of the subfamily Ornithoctoninae.(So deep substate kept on the moist side!)
This species does not get very large and males tend to mature around the 2" size!
Hope that helps!
-Chris
Thank you. That does help. I had no idea they are that small. They are really awesome looking though. I'll give them an enclosure like my two Cobalts, but smaller.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No problem!Yeah they are def cool spiders and rather rare in captivity to!
I have an egg sack with my female right now so hopefully there will be some more slings around in the near future ;]
-Chris

JOHN 3:16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have three femles that I raised from 1/4". They are adults now. I would like to breed this specie. Here is a good place to find a care sheet mikebasictarantula.com

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have three femles that I raised from 1/4". They are adults now. I would like to breed this specie. Here is a good place to find a care sheet mikebasictarantula.com
John let me know if you need a male!
-Chris

grayhound

Arachnosquire
changed mind

I changed my mind on getting these.... I got an A Urticans and a new OBT sling instead.

Chris...... I want to buy a couple of slings from you when they are ready!!!!