Care Question

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hello Everyone,

Been a while since I posted but I have a very important question. I have to go on a business trip for about 6 days. I have 39 T's. Nobody that will be here wants the T responsibility. If I mist, water and feed before I go, will they be OK? I don't have any really tiny slings. Kinda worried about it. What do you think?

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, they will do perfectly if you do that and come back in few days. :) Just overflow the waterdish and mist sobstrate a little and thats it. :)

jgod790

Arachnoknight
Oh yea, 6 days, dont worry. You dont even HAVE to feed them before you go. Im not saying DONT feed them Im just saying Tarantulas are great, cause you can go on long vacations, and they will be just fine. Just if you have like a T blondi or another swamp dweller, flood that enclosure out if your gonna be gone a while. Cause swamp dwellers really are sensitive to humidity.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I set out open dishes of water in my office to help with humidity. Since I must run a heater or AC, I have noticed a small difference. But yes, they should be fine. Alternately, of course, if you have someone who can pick up mail, switch on/off lights, and check water-dishes, that is a good alternative.

Marga

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Good idea Marga with the water dishes. There will be someone here but kind of T skittish.