Can't get just one, can I.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, I went to pick up my H. gigas for the goldfish project, and lo and behold, I come home with two more, as usual.

Here's the other two beauties I picked up from Art.

A new versicolor:

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
and a FAT A. geniculata... who'm I'm going to babysit for a little while until the weather is right to send it to someone as a gift.

Bill

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aaaaaaaw so Cute on the Versicolor and Holy Molly wowza that other is a fatty cutey.
:)
Is she gravid?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Nah, that pic is blown up a bit.. she's just plain old fat. Art really wined and dined her!

Bill

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Nah, that pic is blown up a bit.. she's just plain old fat. Art really wined and dined her!

Bill
You could call it Jackie T-son.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
that sooo nice of you to remember...

and a FAT A. geniculata... who'm I'm going to babysit for a little while until the weather is right to send it to someone as a gift.

Bill
Thats a wonderful belated birthday gift for me. THANK YOU. ...
LOL!;P

Kim

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Bill

I think I know who is gonna get that one! :D

kellygirl

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
bill is _such_ a tease!

they are so beautiful--i can't take my eyes off the a. genic, though. she's definitely my favorite!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
i can't take my eyes off the a. genic, though. she's definitely my favorite!
Hey, have you ever taken a good look at the Acanthoscurria juruenicola? I don't normally go for brown spiders, but this is one of the most striking spiders that i have seen. Besides the color, I think that it really has the characteristics that I believe that I read that you said is what really draws you to the geniculata.

I really want to get myself one of these, but I'm waiting until I can find a dealer that does the "uninsured" method of delivery. I think that for the future, I will use Lasiadora cristata to fulfill my black, white, and red tarantula needs.

Here are a couple links to Acanthoscurria juruenicola pics:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Jon

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
2 very nice spiders!! I know what you mean about not being able to get just 1, it's a tough thing to do!! Good luck with your new purchases.

Andy

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
hey biggie d--
wow--i've never seen that particular species before...'acanthoscurria juruenicola' is like a more subtly lined, brownish variation of an a. genic! and you've got me pegged--i'm a sucker for the stripey tarantulas--especially the ones that are on the larger side.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, when it rains it pours. I wonder if maybe temperature has anything to do with the final kick into molting? For some reason, me, and lots of other people seem to get molts in groups. At any rate, two days later, here's the same versi.. not the best pic, but the color really shows (didn't want to disturb it right after a molt)

Bill

Attachments

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Where is "Art?" If it is in the Chicago area, then I'm off to pick up tarantulas as soon as I'm out for spring break.