Cannot find a Scutigera coleoptrata

SpiderMatt

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone. I cannot find a Scutigera coleoptrata. I have not seen one inside my home, but I've seen one on the outside. That is about it. Does anyone know where to look outside to find one? Thanks.

Lordosteous

Arachnopeon
In my experience, they prefer a very specific kind of habitat and live in clusters around it. They like the outsides of old buildings and rock walls with lots of crevices, places that get regular moisture from sprinklers or bad pipes but aren't constantly wet. I find dozens in places that fit those criteria, but none just a few feet away in other microhabitats. Best of luck finding them! They're really interesting pedes, definitely underrated in my opinion.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Those buggers loves to enter in my house from my garden... Recently I saw a quite big specimen on the wall nearby the cellar. But I'm one of the very, very few people in Italy that still sleeps with his main door opened, that's why :)

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think it just depends on your particular house and area. Me personally, my family has lived with these guys for over 20 years, I'm used to seeing them, but it seems like I only see them in the process of going from one place to another. Like scuttling across my bedroom wall, or the kitchen floor, fast as if on a mission. I've never been able to find where they actually spend their time.