Canadian bugs...

nouserpif

Arachnopeon
Is there anyone with any Mantids, sticks, assassin bugs, or any other insect for sale? I am REALLY searching for Egyptian and Carolina mantis ootheca, australian prickly stick bug (preferably eggs), and any leaf bug eggs (preferable) and would LOVE some assassin eggs (I like eggs, because they are easier to ship, :D)
But live is fine...
Yeah!
thanks
Dan Conner

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey,

I got a few eggs of Platymeris B., only i never sold any overseas, and i live in Belgium! what's the best way to send eggs or live bugs???

Maybe it's better that someone from your area replies on this :D

nouserpif

Arachnopeon
Shipping...

Well, Last year I got 15 Vietnam stick bug eggs from a guy in Poland... He had a small container with the eggs inside... You could make a similar one by taking two film canister lids, poking many SMALL holes in the lid, lining the canisters with loose paper towels or toilet paper, making sure there is OK ventilation (jsut in case...:D), puting the eggs in, moistening the towel slightly, and taping the two lids together with a strong tape (careful not to cover the holes) and put them in a regular envelope... Only Thing with assassin eggs, is that they hatch fast (like 6 weeks or something for P. Biugetta (sp?)) and it is hard for me to send a letter over there (it took a week and a half, to two, or so for my letter to get to poland...), then you getting the eggs ready, and sending them (another week and a half to two weeks) and so thats 3-4 weeks before I get them, and so I have to send the letter pretty much as soon as the eggs are laid, to make sure they don't hatch while shipping...
Whatever, that is my idea on shipping the eggs, ask Adam from www.sies.prv.pl about how he ships them, as he does a good job...
The shipping costs is only like $2.50 this way (without packeging, which is pretty cheap).
If you would ship them (maybe we could ship overngiht or something) how much are you looking for?
Dan Conner