Can you guess what I just got?

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I just got several of these guys in. And as most of you are aware many spiderlings are bland compared to their adult counterparts.

This is where you come in. Can you guess what rare, stunning species I just received? You won't really win anything, but I may send you a congratulatory picture of an MSPaint spider wearing a pimp hat.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know. I dismantled one of my Heterothele gabonensis colonies to trade for these guys. So happy I got them. :D

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mmmm, speaking of gabonensis, my last unsexed juvie just molted and I'm pretty sure it's a female. Hopefully she's big enough for the two MM's I have. Any pointers on pairing these guys or is it pretty straightforward?

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pretty straight forward, though I keep them together in a larger tank for a few days. They are incredibly prolific. Triple clutch with 50-100 spiderlings in each sac. Microslings though. Have fun.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pretty straight forward, though I keep them together in a larger tank for a few days. They are incredibly prolific. Triple clutch with 50-100 spiderlings in each sac. Microslings though. Have fun.
Awesome, good to hear. How big are your adult females btw? Also, do I still get the pic of a spider with a pimp hat? :p

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The adult females are about 1''-1.5''. They can produce a sac at the 1'' mark.

And maybe I'll work on it today.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Very cool, I also look forward to them making it to the states. NY most importantly :wink:

Later, Tom

Arachnopeon
Congrats for the aquisition!! Very interesting sp!! Do you have adults? Coz I'd love to see pics of its spermathecae, tibial spurs or identified ventral shots, I'm having quite trouble sexing mine two, and would be great to have something to compare

The adult females are about 1''-1.5''. They can produce a sac at the 1'' mark.

And maybe I'll work on it today.
1.5" of legspan? Mine and Bertani's paratype have 1,5" just of the body itself, mine's almost 2,5" legspan

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats for the aquisition!! Very interesting sp!! Do you have adults? Coz I'd love to see pics of its spermathecae, tibial spurs or identified ventral shots, I'm having quite trouble sexing mine two, and would be great to have something to compare

1.5" of legspan? Mine and Bertani's paratype have 1,5" just of the body itself, mine's almost 2,5" legspan
I was referring to Heterothele gabonensis as Protectyaaaneck asked about them. Currently I have no adults of O.diamantinensis.