Can you breed p metallica with p regalis??

Can you breed p metallica with p regalis?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • NO

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
there is a secret group of individuals who have attempted hybrids for their own hobby/curiosity,

besides vagans irminia/cambridgei combo
not many hybrids out there on the market and people as you can see are very sensitive so i wouldnt worry hybrid going around

you need to look to see if there are any species that share the same habitat, very close to another, even then it may not work

not sure if phenotype can be used as an educated guess or not but
people have done violaceopes with schioedtei, schioedtei with Sumatra tiger
taxonomist in order prove theory if offsprings die, or just flat out doesn't work then the spiders are not closely related (he is using phenotype character to prove something without genetic ID) it was lividum and longipes ,,,,did not work from what i remember.

hainanum and schimdti works to produce viable offsprings.

so i think regalis and metallica maybe too far apart? and their behavior and breeding requirements differ by alot

Rayan

Arachnopeon
there is a secret group of individuals who have attempted hybrids for their own hobby/curiosity,

not many hybrids out there on the market and people as you can see are very sensitive so i wouldnt worry hybrid going around

you need to look to see if there are any species that share the same habitat, very close to another, even then it may not work

taxonomist in order prove theory if offsprings die, or just flat out doesn't work then the spiders are not closely related (he is using phenotype character to prove something without genetic ID) it was lividum and longipes ,,,,did not work from what i remember.

so i think regalis and metallica maybe too far apart? and their behavior and breeding requirements differ by alot
Where can i find the group im curious

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where can i find the group im curious
i do not know any groups, sort of joked about secret society sorry i didnt state i was kidding,
but i meant there are folks from friends telling me ,,im talking, asia, europe hobbyists, some do this,,and very careful not to tell anybody,
i just know a guy personally who tried those SE Asian arboreals thats all, but over the years weve seen and had trouble with irminia/cambridgei and vagans issue, I have not seen any other species being offered as pure. now that is a straight scam.

either spiders die fast or non viable slings
or males being eaten most likely<<<very likely

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Hybrids happen all the time in nature. Particularly amongst fin whales and blue whales and grizzly/kodiak bears and polar bears. Especially now that we're destroying the planet and certain large species of predators are having difficulty finding their own kind. :(

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont t even have a p regalis or a p metallica i have only 2 T’s and the species are: H maculata and P irminia
I don't believe you, and I doubt anyone believes you.

Don't contaminate our hobby with FRANKENTARANTULAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Don't be that person who was infamously known for creating and breeding hybrids. You're basically going to end your entire career with tarantulas just by doing that alone. You're going to be that "person" that tried to stain the tarantula legacy that has been built up to this point. Even if you said you didn't want to, I don't believe you for one micro-second of this cosmic existence that you're not having that "hybrid" idea in your brain. If you DARE TO MAKE AND BREED HYBRIDS, I will contact ALL YOUR REGIONAL tarantula HOBBYISTS and BREEDERS to WARN them of the ATROCITIES of YOUR INEXPERIENCED SELFISH CREATIONS of abominations :troll::troll:.

And don't you dare go on the Facebook forums for encouragement. Those tarantula Facebook forums are more clueless than those paleolithic homo sapiens that are heathens driven by the uneducated influence of West Coast Exotics :rolleyes::troll:.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.

A mix of all 3 vagans irminia and cambridgei was made? Woah.

Hybrids happen all the time in nature. Particularly amongst fin whales and blue whales and grizzly/kodiak bears and polar bears. Especially now that we're destroying the planet and certain large species of predators are having difficulty finding their own kind. :(
I haven't heard of hybrid tarantulas of actual separate species mixing as hybrids?

Last edited by a moderator:

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
People who treat tarantula species as "breeds". :shifty:
I don't think he actually did though. Referring to breeding is different than calling species breeds.

EDIT: I might've misunderstood if you're pointing at the fact that mixing of species is not being like mixing dog breeds I agree, my bad.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
I don't think he actually did though. Referring to breeding is different than calling species breeds.

EDIT: I might've misunderstood if you're pointing at the fact that mixing of species is not being like mixing dog breeds I agree, my bad.
Yes, its just what you say, most people who think that way are reptile and dog hobbyist where crossbreeding is normal. Saw one local post before in Facebook breeding a B. auratum with a B. vagans if I remember correctly. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.