can we now ID this?

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i posted a few weeks or months ago pics of this unidentified specie that someone sold me. it twice molted already and i decided to ask those experts what specie this is. so here are the pics:

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
<edit>

I think it looks like this guy...a Brachypelma Vagans, what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
<edit>

ok...what about a pamphobeteus sp?.....sorry im being a pain but i love these guess who theads!
{D

Last edited by a moderator:

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am very sure its not a vagans or a aungustum.. because i have those species here the same size as this. its currently around 2 inches

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe pamphobeteus sp..................lol I am never right when I guess anyway lol. It is fun to try though.

Last edited:

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe pamphobeteus sp..................lol I am never right when I guess anyway lol. It is fun to try though. Darkfinder will answer here in a second. Then it will be clear.
Yay! someone agrees with me!.... even if its a maybe!
:D

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
given the pictures it could be anything. Brachypelma sabulosum, Sericopelma rubronitens. Or as the others have said B. angustum, B. vagans.

Panic if you do not want me to edit your pictures just report me and a mod will remove the edited version.

Attachments

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey he did come lol, I agree at what hes getting at, lighting in pics can make iding something really really hard, perfect example of that is the "purple" pokie in the announcments section lol.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey fellows, I don't know what do you think, but that T looks like an ACANTHOSCURRIA CHACOANA for me.. ;)

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well, the light pic looks a little bit different, but I still believe... :? it's difficult

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
darkfinder: thank you for making the pics clearer :D

looking at the site lunixweb posted.. it does look like a chacoana to me... and the attitude is somewhat of the genic, almost the same. maybe it is an accanthoscuria sp? chacoana maybe?

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it look a like a Fiery Redrump (Lasiodora difficilis) but dont quote me on that

anyone else think the same?
pete :D

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I would also lean towards some kind of Acanthoscurria. Have you thought of sending the moult to someone for ID? Rick West would be a good choice to send it to.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
darkfinder: thank you for making the pics clearer :D

looking at the site lunixweb posted.. it does look like a chacoana to me... and the attitude is somewhat of the genic, almost the same. maybe it is an accanthoscuria sp? chacoana maybe?

yep man.. it's an acanthoscurria chacoana.. I have been searching and comparing with some other species and for me looks more like this sp.