Can someone ID these two species of Pill Millipede? And how do i care of them?

A Curious Account

Arachnopeon
Screenshot (172).png Screenshot (178).png Screenshot (177).png
This a millipede that are being sold as a product for pining and mounting. The seller state that the species was taken from Central Java

Screenshot (175).png Screenshot (176).png
And another species from an pet shop that sells live arthropods. They're about 1-1.5" in size and they were fed fruits and vegetable scraps. Despite everything that I've read I'm still not sure if I wanted to get some of them since I think that pill millipedes need more than dead leaves, veggie and fruit scraps to feed on, they also need something like hardwood (from this link: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/h...and-breed-pill-millipedes.303279/post-2742390).

Mahogany.jpg Mahogany_Back.jpg
Is this considered as a hardwood? I think it's a Mahogany bark, I have some orchid bark as well.

CutThroat Kid

Arachnoknight
Be sure its not one of the species from Madagascar which ultimately always die of starvation within a few months of being removed from the wild. Yes, those ones are only wild caught, because they do not reproduce in captivity. You may see them eat and poop, but the animal is still starving to death, and the theory is because their natural microhabitat provides them with a particular gut-flora that allows them to digest nutrients properly. If you are sure it is not one of the buy-to-die species, then you should be good. Though I have heard Pillipedes are harder to care for than typical millis.

Yeah, any natural wood that came off a tree with a thick trunk is hardwood. But that piece you have has been treated, probably has lacquer and bleach saturated into it. Just go find some unprocessed stuff in nature. There are tons of good threads about millipede substrate and food on this forum.