Can someone help me ID this one?(Video)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I found this on my bed over the weekend and decided to keep it for a little while. I looked up crab spiders after someone mentioned that after seeing my video. I'm leaning toward these. What's your opinion? If anyone knows how big they get that would be great too. Thanks in advance.

[YOUTUBE]7VFH8C18A8o[/YOUTUBE]

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
believe its struggling to get an aboreal purch to munch may want to add something for it to climb on, deffiantly crab spider :)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
believe its struggling to get an aboreal purch to munch may want to add something for it to climb on, deffiantly crab spider :)
Thank you very much for the info.. I'll move it into something taller while I decide if I want to keep it.

They're voracious little hunters I've noticed.{D

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And they do take on a bloated tic apperance. laughs, yes they are joyous little creatures, quite amazingambush predators, I've seen them take down wasps before

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I kept a Xysticus in a small, bare deli cup for 5 or 6 months before she passed away. Just fed once or twice a month and offered water in small spritzes.

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And they do take on a bloated tic apperance. laughs, yes they are joyous little creatures, quite amazingambush predators, I've seen them take down wasps before
And the wasps seem to be easy prey! Here's an adult female Xysticus emertoni I found that caught one among some goldenrod flowers:

KoreanSpiderMan

Arachnopeon
Two possibilities one is Xysticus croceus which means it likely got a ride on fruit that has been imported to USA or possibly Xysticus kochi. Hope that helps.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had a little crab spider in my possession for a few months, looks pretty much like the one you have there, just lighter colors.

I swear 90% of the time it catches its crickets by the neck, brutal. {D

KoreanSpiderMan

Arachnopeon
So, I take it these aren't normally found in Alabama?
Sometimes they catch rides but it could be a endemic species. You should try taking it to your local natural history museum, they should be able to narrow it down. There are many species which are not visually very different (unless you have a microscope). That would be best. hope that helps.