Arachnopeon
For a pink toe tarantula..

How many inches of substrate?

What percent of humidity?

What temperature?

Thank you.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Enough sub to hold cork bark in place. Few inches should do. Ventilation is more important than humidity as long as you give a nice size water dish. Temps generally if you're comfortable they are. Unless you keep your house cooler. Then I will say 77-82 is a good range.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use 2-3" for my adult. How much sub you need depends on what size enclosure you have.

For the love of all things eight legged and fluffy, do not listen to care sheets, websites, or 'pet experts' that give you exact humidity numbers.

I keep mine on DRY substrate with a nice big water bowl that's full of water. No sponge, no rocks, certainly no cricket gel.

If you already have a hygrometer, put it in your cigar humidor where it belongs. :cigar:

What temperature?
Mine has kept from around 72-74F to 78-82F.

Some questions I have for you that might help us.
1. How big is it?
2. What enclosure do you have it in? Post pictures please.
3. How do you plan on heating it?

Then, because I'm curious, what species of Avicularia do you have?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For a pink toe tarantula..

What temperature?

Thank you.
1. Very little, 1" at most or just enough to hold down cork bark slabs. They are arboreal, I hope you know this, some people don't.

2. Air exchange is more important. Relative humidity is not critical to their captive propagation. I've never measured humidity for my Avics.

Moist stuffy cages KILL Avics.

3. 75-80 generally.

Before you get one, definitely do a lot of research here on this forum, NOT caresheets. Caresheets KILL tarantulas!

Your second question is indicative of caresheet reading typically, and is the leading cause of Avic deaths we see here on this forum that people post questions on.

Check here, if you have questions on what I wrote, feel free to PM me OR better, post your question here where others may add their experience as well.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-husbandry.282549/#post-2461399