Can my Tarantula get high?

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Can my tarantula get high?"

Ok I thought I heard allot of funny questions about care for a tarantula but this is the only one I could never think of LOL!

To be honest I think that any smoke or chemicals can be dangerous for a tarantula though.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
IF you believe ANYTHING put out by the U.S. Government puts out on drugs, you are stoned, or maybe you need to be? :? Either way, you don't have to be a government propaganda creator to see the ridiculousness of most of their statements on drugs. They are nothing but propaganda. NOT that I am pro-drug, but I am not against medical marijuana use, and don't think anyone should be jailed for drug use alone.

That being said, tarantulas DO NOT have THC receptors. They can't get "HIGH" from THC. Spiders (that was a true spider not T btw) would make funny webs though no doubt being put in a jar filled with smoke. They probably used high levels and hot boxed them, if they actually did it instead of just making it up. But there are literally dozens of active ingredients in MJ besides THC. Never mind the other chemicals produced from burning it. Put yourself in a room of thick smoke from anything for a little while, now go draw a big perfect circle. Can't do it? You must be high! (This would happen if you went in a room full of Oak, Maple, or Elm!) So are you high on weed? Or just choked out from the oak smoke? Point is, that doesn't prove squat. And no, T's can't process THC. *Not that anyone has shown within any realm or reason so far* Highly unlikely that it is possible. But any smoke isn't going to be great for them. If their behavior changes when he smokes, I would guess it has something to do with oxygen or book lung irritation. (Carbon Monoxide, ex)

Ether Imp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
IF you believe ANYTHING put out by the U.S. Government puts out on drugs, you are stoned, or maybe you need to be? :? Either way, you don't have to be a government propaganda creator to see the ridiculousness of most of their statements on drugs. They are nothing but propaganda. NOT that I am pro-drug, but I am not against medical marijuana use, and don't think anyone should be jailed for drug use alone.
I feel exactly the same way. I'm not "pro-drugs", persay. But I am for the decriminalization of drugs, and I don't believe squat the government says.

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've seen a few logical conclusions on this thread and a lot of idiocy. I agree with all those that said T's have no THC receptors. Cannabis was used traditionally as a companion plant to ward of fungals and insect pests like potato beetles. Nicotene is a harsh pesticide that can kill almost anything that lives as long as its in high enough dosage. Anything will die or have obvious smoke inhalation damage if its been forced to inhale massive amounts of any smoke (ever been in a house fire?). In conclusion your T shouldnt be exposed to any massive amount of smoke and no it can't get high.

Snowboardbunny

Arachnopeon
Yes.. Your husband smokes marijuana because his 'back' put him up to it. Likely story.

Medical Marijuana card = Dealers phone # on a card from Kinkos?

Sorry, it's been a while. I must be out of the loop on drug lingo. When I had to explain to my mom where I had been all night I used to tell her my friends and I went "bowling". Now it's "I threw my back out!"

Edit: I would avoid getting my tarantula high. It's impossible to know what ill effects marijuana (or other) smoke could have on a T.
This is just plain mean assumption making crap. For your info my husband is a forty year old man who has CHRONIC degenerative disk disease. He suffers from major pain on a daily basis. IN fact, his doctor told him he has the back of an 80 year old. He was told that methadone and vicodine are not safe pain management. So he chose the natural, safe alternative. WE aren't just a bunch of pot heads over here. I am a 33 year old middle class homemaker, raising five kids (home schooling all 5). We have a nice orderly house here. My husband commutes an hour each way to work each day to give us a wonderful lifestyle. He is the head of the financial department for a web hosting company. (techinical name is Controller or Chief financial officer). We are physically fit and active.

I hope this clears some of the spider web propoganda out of that head of yours.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is just plain mean assumption making crap. For your info my husband is a forty year old man who has CHRONIC degenerative disk disease. He suffers from major pain on a daily basis. IN fact, his doctor told him he has the back of an 80 year old. He was told that methadone and vicodine are not safe pain management. So he chose the natural, safe alternative. WE aren't just a bunch of pot heads over here. I am a 33 year old middle class homemaker, raising five kids (home schooling all 5). We have a nice orderly house here. My husband commutes an hour each way to work each day to give us a wonderful lifestyle. He is the head of the financial department for a web hosting company. (techinical name is Controller or Chief financial officer). We are physically fit and active.

He was joking you know... If you read the thread a little more he would of stated that. Regarding you question. Smoke in any form is a toxin to most animals we think of. It clings to the lungs. So yes it would be harmful.

Snowboardbunny

Arachnopeon
He was joking you know... If you read the thread a little more he would of stated that. Regarding you question. Smoke in any form is a toxin to most animals we think of. It clings to the lungs. So yes it would be harmful.
I guess he'd better be careful about how he "jokes" because it didn't appear that way to me. IT was extremely offensive.

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess he'd better be careful about how he "jokes" because it didn't appear that way to me. IT was extremely offensive.
Don't take it so personally, some people just have really blunt ways of joking. No harm meant, really.

Government propaganda = self-serving, check. Decriminalization = good, check. Spiders can get high? ...judge for yourself, I'm surprised no one has busted out this highly scientific and educational video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2HipedgM3I&feature=related

enjoy :p

Last edited:

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is why I drink beer! Cheers mates!{D :razz: :} :clap: :drool: :drool: :D :drool:

Ether Imp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

As others (and myself) have stated... I was completely joking.

Perhaps you should ask your husband for a hit off his government subsidised spliff then come back and read my post again.

I find you guilty of taking life too seriously.

FYI: I'M STILL JOKING! Lighten up.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, this account from there made it clear, lol.

LSD

EXT. SPIDERWEB IN THE SHAPE OF A CHRISTMAS TREE. - DAY

Spider is standing proud with a cape held in front of his chest.

Spider

(Yelling) “I can do anything…..for I…
Music plays a fanfare as spider opens cape to reveal the initials LK printed on his chest

am the lizard…KING!”

Looks down to see dozens of small purple people crawling all over him making strange yum yum noises.

(POV) Camera pans franticly from one purple person to another

Spider

(Yelling) “Ahhh!”

(CU) The purple people are getting closer to his head.
Spider

(Screeming)“….get’ em of me…. …Ahhhhrrrrr!”

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, this account from there made it clear, lol.

LSD

EXT. SPIDERWEB IN THE SHAPE OF A CHRISTMAS TREE. - DAY

Spider is standing proud with a cape held in front of his chest.

Spider

(Yelling) “I can do anything…..for I…
Music plays a fanfare as spider opens cape to reveal the initials LK printed on his chest

am the lizard…KING!”

Looks down to see dozens of small purple people crawling all over him making strange yum yum noises.

(POV) Camera pans franticly from one purple person to another

Spider

(Yelling) “Ahhh!”

(CU) The purple people are getting closer to his head.
Spider

(Screeming)“….get’ em of me…. …Ahhhhrrrrr!”
word to the wise, dont trip around your T. once i SWORE that my rosie was trying to communicate telepathically with me and kill me somehow.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL, I didn't take anything, but in h.s. I was driving a date home after being up for 4 days, and driving through the woods, I swear I saw a 8 foot wide 5 foot tall tarantula run into the road, turn and face me, then keep running. It was crazy. Coincidentally, I fell asleep a little further up the road and woke up to a semi just missing me in head on. I don't know how I made it thinking back....:?

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
word to the wise, dont trip around your T. once i SWORE that my rosie was trying to communicate telepathically with me and kill me somehow.
Lol! I know most of the kinds I keep would like to kill me anyhow so it wouldn't be a big revelation.