Can it be done

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know that crikets only live for like two weeks. But if i was to put them in the refrigerator would they live longer or would it just kill them. The reason i ask is because the place where i get my crikets only sells them in tens and i only need 3 or 4 a week.

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
I dunno.. You could always get 1 or 2 more T's then your problem is solved without using the fridge.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they will die if you freeze them for 2 long. So yea get a few more pets would solve your problem...otherwise find a better place to buy crickets...ive never heard of having to buy a certain amount before:wall:

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi, if you put them in the refrigerator they will die, why you dont try with other feeder preys like roaches (they live more than crix like b. bubia or latteralis) or even with worms they live for one or two months.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
for your T's is better if you give them a varied diet and the roaches are the best option.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know that crikets only live for like two weeks. But if i was to put them in the refrigerator would they live longer or would it just kill them. The reason i ask is because the place where i get my crikets only sells them in tens and i only need 3 or 4 a week.
Actually crickets live for like 6 weeks. How come yours die so fast?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Adult crickets with wings do only live for a couple weeks. The entire lifespan of a cricket however is eight weeks

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi, if you put them in the refrigerator they will die, why you dont try with other feeder preys like roaches (they live more than crix like b. bubia or latteralis) or even with worms they live for one or two months.
The reason i don't use roaches or worms is because that is no place near me that sells roaches and she won't eat worms

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The reason i don't use roaches or worms is because that is no place near me that sells roaches and she won't eat worms
Buy some roaches online; plenty of people sell em.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Do you mean online. I would have ever place i go to wants a credit card, and i don't have a credit card.
Haha yeah, that's what I meant. There are dealers on here that will sell you them. YOu can use Money Order or Paypal as payment methods.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Most pet stores sell them in dozens, and since I just have 2 Ts I ask for a half-dozen and only have to pay 50 cents. Out of 6 crickets in one week, my A.geniculata eats about three, my Avicularia sling eats one, and the other two die just by being the crazy dying crickets they are. And I just house them in a deli cup with a toilet paper tube and a chunk of Fluker's orange cubes. I'm just too lazy to give them a KK with soil and gelwater. I simply hate crickets too much to spend that much money on em. :rolleyes:

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i find that my crickets last quite a while when i give them carrots and cherios

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You could buy crickets smaller than you need. You may have to feed 2 crickets where you were feeding one before, but the smaller they are the longer they live.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You could buy crickets smaller than you need. You may have to feed 2 crickets where you were feeding one before, but the smaller they are the longer they live.
Thanks, that's a great idea

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just started with roaches but before that I used to buy a dozen crix, feed 3-4 live, and freeze the rest. My T's all would take a thawed, dead cricket. And while freezing doesn't kill ALL nematodes and mites, it kills a lot of them.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most pet stores sell them in dozens, and since I just have 2 Ts I ask for a half-dozen and only have to pay 50 cents. Out of 6 crickets in one week, my A.geniculata eats about three, my Avicularia sling eats one, and the other two die just by being the crazy dying crickets they are. And I just house them in a deli cup with a toilet paper tube and a chunk of Fluker's orange cubes. I'm just too lazy to give them a KK with soil and gelwater. I simply hate crickets too much to spend that much money on em. :rolleyes:
hehe I used to do the same, but now I have more T's and I give them sometimes crix & most of the time I give them roaches, they are like a dessert for my T's {D