can i do this?

ross615

Arachnopeon
ok i have a rose haired trantula and i was gonna buy a pink toe can they live in the same tank or will they kill each other?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
NO!!!!!!!!!! One will eat the other,and you will have one fat spider,for starters.And besides,one is arboreal,and needs humidity,one is terrestrial and needs arid conditions. You REALLY need to do a search before buying the avic,no offense.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
NEVER put seperate species in the same enclosure they WILL kill each other. Also Rose Hairs and Pink Toes have completely different needs. Pink Toes are arboreal and need higher humidity while Rose Hairs are terrestrial

ross615

Arachnopeon
ok thanks i didnt think i could but i thought i would ask lol does anyone know if the pinktoe will grow larger than the rose haired my rose hair is around 5 yrs old now and is pretty big

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
NEVER put seperate species in the same enclosure they WILL kill each other. Also Rose Hairs and Pink Toes have completely different needs. Pink Toes are arboreal and need higher humidity while Rose Hairs are terrestrial
You forgot...

NEVER put same species in the same enclosure they WILL kill each other.

Only communal species can be housed together.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok thanks i didnt think i could but i thought i would ask lol does anyone know if the pinktoe will grow larger than the rose haired my rose hair is around 5 yrs old now and is pretty big
How do you know it is 5? Those things grow veryyyy slowly.How large is she and how large was she when you bought her?.........Female A.avicularia hit about 5 inches.A.metallica and a couple others get upwards of 7 inches....

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How do you know it is 5? Those things grow veryyyy slowly.....

No doubt, I have had my RCF rosea sling for about a year and the breeder had her in his care for about 3 years and she is only around 2".

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards.

Alright, here it is:

There are two ways to access the search tool. From the main page, you can access it in the toolbar directly below your login information (top right corner) and across the length of the site, horizontally:

To access from a sub-forum, it is located below the page select quick-links, on the right:

With either method, click it, and it opens a text box to insert search criteria:

You can type the criteria and click 'Go', and that's that. If you would rather do a more advanced search, click the 'Advanced Search' link.

Advanced searching

Here's the advanced menu:

If you are already in a subforum, it will highlight it and only search through there. To change the forum you would like to search, just scroll and click the proper forum.

To select whether you want to search all posts or only titles, use the drop-down box just below the keyword(s) text box:

And finally, if you are searching for multiple words and would like them all to appear in your search results (as opposed to only one or two of the words appearing), be sure to put quotes (" ") around the words. For example, if you are searching for 'pine bark', you will get results with the word 'pine' only and 'bark' unless you put it in quotes ("pine bark").

I hope this is helpful to everyone.

--Joe