Can Huntsmen Crossbreed?

Slavkleos

Arachnopeon
I've cared for spiders since November and only started getting good at it in February.

I have an female adult jungle huntsman who has laid 2 egg sacs (second being infertile), a male juvenile communal huntsman, an male adult communal huntsman, a wolf or grass spider that may be dead in a container I have an ecosystem in and a bunch of golden orbs and leaf curlers in the garden I stole/captured from a nearby hill.

Would breeding the adult huntsmen be possible?

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I've cared for spiders since November and only started getting good at it in February.

I have an female adult jungle huntsman who has laid 2 egg sacs (second being infertile), a male juvenile communal huntsman, an male adult communal huntsman, a wolf or grass spider that may be dead in a container I have an ecosystem in and a bunch of golden orbs and leaf curlers in the garden I stole/captured from a nearby hill.

Would breeding the adult huntsmen be possible?
While it might happen in the wild I think viper is right about not breading hybrids I would get the proper species male online.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Without knowing what species you have, you should not attempt breeding. With that being said, for most animals, hybridization of related species doesn’t occur. There’s biological mechanisms in place that prevent this from happening, hence why they are different species to begin with.

In captivity some of these safeguards can be removed to allow different species to breed but I’ve never heard of it really being successful for true spiders.