Can avics be communal?

Suteytooty

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I've heard pink toes can live in groups, I just want to know if anyone has any experience with groups of them or if it's a myth. I'm also interested in learning more like if they have to be from the same sack or if new ones can be introduced to solitary avics.

Thanks!

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I've seen A. Avics live in communal-type setups before, online and in real life. I don't think they are considered a truley "communal" species like H. Incei, but they are definetly more tolerant of eachother than alot of species.
As far of as the exact details of how to pull it off, I dont know. I've never tried it myself. It certainly is worth looking into though because I know for a fact it can be done.

OBT1

Arachnosquire
IM not sure but I no a few people that will love to anwser that question I'll givem a call.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Of course they can be communally. You won't have to start thinking about food for them until the one that didn't get cannibalized gets hungry. :wall:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here :

Alright, here it is:

There are two ways to access the search tool. From the main page, you can access it in the toolbar directly below your login information (top right corner) and across the length of the site, horizontally:

To access from a sub-forum, it is located below the page select quick-links, on the right:

With either method, click it, and it opens a text box to insert search criteria:

You can type the criteria and click 'Go', and that's that. If you would rather do a more advanced search, click the 'Advanced Search' link.

Advanced searching

Here's the advanced menu:

If you are already in a subforum, it will highlight it and only search through there. To change the forum you would like to search, just scroll and click the proper forum.

To select whether you want to search all posts or only titles, use the drop-down box just below the keyword(s) text box:

And finally, if you are searching for multiple words and would like them all to appear in your search results (as opposed to only one or two of the words appearing), be sure to put quotes (" ") around the words. For example, if you are searching for 'pine bark', you will get results with the word 'pine' only and 'bark' unless you put it in quotes ("pine bark").

I hope this is helpful to everyone.

--Joe

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Simple answer has to be yes, purely because some people seem to be able to show that it is possible.
However, I think the answer you're looking for is NO. It very rarely works unless you have a huge enclosure and then they're not actively living communally.

I'd only consider trying if you have successfully bred some that you wish to experiment with.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've heard A.minatrix does well together but I've never tried myself!I would recommend not keeping any other Avicularia species together tho!
-Chris

OBT1

Arachnosquire
my friends say yes if there well fed that is but i would'nt try it.:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice.................i have 2 females im breeding right now {D{D{D{D{D{D{D{D{D{D{D{D{D{D
Congrats. These do not produce large sacs, I'd suggest lower than 50 but the last sac I know of in the UK amounted to 30.

I can confirm these are the only Avic worth considering as a community, sadly they're not often available and my pair suffered 1 loss, through other issues, as it approached juveniles stage.