Can anyone ID this spider?

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I bought this spider earlier today, the pet shop called it a Brazilian Giant Furry. I know it's not L. Parahybana...too brown and too furry, hehe. I got her for 21.00 after I traded a small rosie. (I love rosies, but I don't need three.) Here's picture #1....this girl is definately in premolt, so she doesn't look very glamorous:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
It's really hard to tell with those faded colors. Maybe you could post a picture after it molts?

-Bryan

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I definately will....from the way it's acting and the way it looks, it should molt fairly soon. At least I got a new spider, whether I know what it is or not. :D

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mystery bugs are kinda fun.
You get to theorise and speculate and grin because it might be something that would have run a great deal more to get.
Congrates.
You get to do the " I have a,,, somehting! But it's cute, has lotsa legs and I love it and am happy!" dance dance.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How large is it? It is difficult to tell from the pics, but I might guess it as a Nhandu species.

John

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by JP version 1.0
How large is it? It is difficult to tell from the pics, but I might guess it as a Nhandu species.
That was my first thought. Still, it's hard to tell a lot from those photos.

-Bryan

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It kind of looks like a dirty, somewhat disheveled Phormictopus cancerides... Hard to tell for sure.

bill

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She's about 3.5" now...not very big yet. I will get better pics when she molts...I don't want to disturb the "something" very much. I'm thinking some sort of Nhandu myself after looking at some pics, but I'm not sure.

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Re: Can anyone ID this spider?

Originally posted by Steve Nunn
What about Acanthoscurria spp.?

Steve

I'm with Steve, looks like Acanthoscurria or Nhandu genus to me.

Adrian

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is the femur section black/blue? It's hard to tell without the spider being stretched out. My Eathlus pulcherrimaklassi "Black Femur Beauty" looks like that. If that is what you have there it will not get really large about a 4-5" adult size. I got the info on mine from Rick West, it's an opportunistic fossoral burrower and will hide under anything it can fit under.

Andy