calisoga...

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pic of one of my girls, this ones from Santa Cruz. anyone breeding these at the moment?

feel free to add pics to this thread :eek:

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
That there looks like thevenetti as lingitarsus is more brownish

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i was wondering about that :eek:. my other one (mt.diablo) is more of a solid graphite/silver color...

this out however have those silver legs that i havnt seen in the thevs?

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
well a friend a few years back collected a few that were totally different in color to thevs and longi's...possibly 3 sp

mdkelty

Arachnopeon
I agree with John. I have three sub-adult Calisgoga Longitarsus that I'm raising up, one of my favorites!

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well a friend a few years back collected a few that were totally different in color to thevs and longi's...possibly 3 sp
The genus is a mess, unless [finally] any recent work has been done I am unaware of, there are 5 valid species names under 2 genera, the different colored specimens might be different species but it will likely take somebody to turn up mature males of each "color" to really see if they are.

Miguel, I would love to breed this species but my luck has reversed from always ending up with males to only having females - and cannot locate a male :confused:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
their colors are really hard to get pics of. i have some that i know are normally what we would call longi, collected in only longi territory (thev come from mariposa and like, humboldt counties, as far as known range in documentation. longi have a huge range that goes from central CA up into OR and over into NV) that look just like that. these were longi from the southern most we collected, iirc... but it was a few years ago now

the point is... the colors do terrible things to cameras and are not to be trusted at all