Cage Review?

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
So in looking for cages I ran across a web site selling acrylic that looked nice and would go nicely together on a shelf, my only problem is while it is 4x4x8 for juvenile arboreals and features a 2" vent on it there was no vent on the opposite side. Just wondering if anyone else has used any similar to these and if so if they had any issues in it with cross breeze? Usually I use Rubbermaid jars about the same size and drill holes on either side but these look really nice and would make a good looking replacement for my current style.

P.S. Did not list the web link or store online given Im pretty sure that violates Ad rules.

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Thats the one. Thanks for the info! Anything you would suggest? Cheaper the better given cheaper = more cages = more Ts. xD

user 666

Arachnobaron
You need to choose an enclosure to match the species. How big is the T? What species?

I ask because there are some T species that run up when startled and other T species that run down. An avic, for example, runs up so the enclosure has to open on the bottom or the front.

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
Check out my ig I recently posted a video of a A. Versicolor that I set up in one of those with a hole to add food or water with an easy access plug - @onyxexotics

You can buy the boxes at The Container Store

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
I just ran into the container store as well and they look great. 666 this isn't for one T if you see above, I'm looking for a standard nice looking material I can get different sizes and such to make everything look better. I've been using rubbermaid/sterilite but they have a sort of milky look and aren't completely clear so I was looking at acrylic as a material given its similar look to glass.

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
From @CyclingSam

Inexpensive DIY arboreal sling enclosure (Forum Thread by @ledzeppelin) & a video based on the same:
From @petkokc

@Lokee85 just posted a thread where she modified Hobby Lobby enclosures for Avicularia avicularia.

I would recommend making yourself a hinged door for containment purposes, it requires little effort other than becoming familiar with a Dremel. It allows you to have a little buttress for some substrate & if you need to remove the entire front of the enclosure & set it aside to perform maintenance when someone tries to make a break for it they'll be out before you can grab the cover & replace it. Additionally, you have a single point where you can secure the cover with a pin.

I've been toying with the idea of using this same method but cutting the cover into thirds, gluing the top & bottom in place & then making the modifications necessary to hinge the middle part off to the side so as not to disturb the webbing of an arboreal that tends to web at the top of the container.

What species are you considering?

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
I've been toying with the idea of using this same method but cutting the cover into thirds, gluing the top & bottom in place & then making the modifications necessary to hinge the middle part off to the side so as not to disturb the webbing of an arboreal that tends to web at the top of the container.
I actually considered doing this but couldn't figure out how to hinge it from the side. I did consider, however, keeping the door hinge in the middle like it is, but adding the locking pin (or even two pins) to the side instead of the top. I might still do this to the ones I made if I find myself having to disturb webbing.