C. vittatus

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've been waiting for this. A couple of my little females are mommas.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like a few 1st instars have fallen off. You may need to rescue them

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks, yeah, I noticed that. After the pics were taken I rounded them up the best I could. One was already dead but the other two got back on mom and are doing ok.

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice Nice How Much? :p

Whats up with The vanilla Face?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, that's webbing from a tarantula that was in there. It's just temporary houseing untill the little ones are socond instar.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The females became gravid last fall. I don't remember exactly but I'm guessing around 7 months or a little more.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't have more pics to post but I just found 5 more females with a load of kids on each ones back. I'm guessing I've got around 60 babies now. Glad I have stuff ready for this type of thing. It's kicken my butt. lol

R.W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When keeping C. vittatus specimens, not that I would be handling them, is there pinch anything to worry about?

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When keeping C. vittatus specimens, not that I would be handling them, is there pinch anything to worry about?
Well they can really get their hooks in ya, I mean scorps in general, even the small scorps can entangle their claws on a finger due to teeth or grab hold an armhair with shocking resistance and strength. But this species has petite claws and can't exert much pressure though their sting can provide plenty of aggravation and mild-moderate pain.

Skyswiftwing

Arachnopeon
hi there, sorry to revive an oldish thread... I was curious as to what the C. in C.Vittatus stood for. Im trying to look in the gallery for more pictures. Im thinking of getting two of these after im with my P.Imperator for a while. Any thoughts?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Skyswifting. The C. stands for Centruroides vittatus. They are a fun species to keep. Good luck.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi there, sorry to revive an oldish thread... I was curious as to what the C. in C.Vittatus stood for. Im trying to look in the gallery for more pictures. Im thinking of getting two of these after im with my P.Imperator for a while. Any thoughts?
Centruroides vitattus

Buthidae is the board you click on when on the picture board.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Skyswifting. The C. stands for Centruroides vittatus. They are a fun species to keep. Good luck.
Ain't they! Probably my favorite native species despite several really cool uncommon scorps in the Western states.

Loads of "personality" and I have been stung by these buggers not very pleasant (hot needle flash) but not agonizing either. General rule don't get stung by any scorpion, get stung too many times and one might develop a sensitivity.