C. Vittattus Abandoning freshly birthed babies???

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a pair of C. Vittattus sold to me as both males...well they were wrong i got 1 male and 1 female...and now 18 eggs\embreos or w\e you want to call them lol...they have been droped off the mother, and pops began eating them (i work all day long so when i came home i found him munching on 6 at once) and mom was just sitting on the cork bark not moving curled up....will the lil ones die without the mother? should i leave them alone? should i introduce the female to them and see what happens? they arnt able to walk they are still basicly lil pods....

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they're dead. LEt them die and feed them off if they seem to enjoy them. That was a premature birth.
BTW do you have any pics of this?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sadly the mother aborted her pregnancy. there can be many factors for this, stress from being moved, environmental conditions, you name it.

the bright side is you have a male and a female, so there is always the possibility of baby scorps in your future. I've also read that C vitts can double clutch from one mating...

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the little ones will not die. Are they just eggs or 1st instar babies? If they are 1st instar, you can always put them on wet/moist tissue and give them proper heat 24/7. They will molt to 2nd instar with no problem :D . I've done it enough times and a few members on VL have done it also ;)

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awsome! thanks quiz hopefully they are still alive....what temps do you think would be apropriate? my room stays around 80 degreese

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awsome! thanks quiz hopefully they are still alive....what temps do you think would be apropriate? my room stays around 80 degreese
80-85F is good bro. Make sure the tissue is wet/moist all the time.

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okay, i have them on wet\moist paper towels right now inside their own small cage....i believe them to be eggs still seeing as their tails have not uncurld from their backs as of yet...ooohhh i hope they make it! my first scorp birth and it screws up lol....

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If they haven't emerged from their embryonic sacs, then I have to agree with the premature abortion theory. Normally they're supposed to wriggle free soon after birthing.