C.versi sling losing legs?

laurzyd

Arachnopeon
Hi, bit of a noob but my sling has lost two legs!!! Not sure why .. any of advice ?

Note it has molted once normally.. ate then lost two legs ... I don't handle alot either but he does climb on my hand willing when I open enclosure to feed , spot clean for eaten/uneaten food . 1000008741.jpg 1000008473.jpg

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Avics like to jump (expecting a bunch of leaves or tree branch nearby. This could lead to splat or losing them in your house. As long as there’s nothing sharp on your enclosure or her wee toes weren’t pinched when closing it, no one can really say why she cast off those legs. Something could have gone amiss with the molt that we can’t see. She’ll regenerate those legs, but I’d make sure to add some air vents to those sides for cross ventilation (If they are already there, my eyes missed them).

laurzyd

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone ... I might find another enclosure ... possibly better ventilation but smaller holes and add some more leaf litter twigs etc and have no handling at all times , I feel so bad knowing he/she lost some legs but I'll try my best to makesure it doesn't continue.. thankyou again for the help 😊

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Some fake leaves to build their web tunnels in are really all they need at that size, imho. Leaf littler is more for terrestrial and fossorial. Twigs won’t be big enough for her to rest on. I think that’s cork bark you have in there, which is better. :-}

laurzyd

Arachnopeon
Some fake leaves to build their web tunnels in are really all they need at that size, imho. Leaf littler is more for terrestrial and fossorial. Twigs won’t be big enough for her to rest on. I think that’s cork bark you have in there, which is better. :-}
I might get a front opening enclosure as he/she does web but obvs I break it when I open it to feed .. yes it's cork bark :) ... I keep it dry and spritz every other day , ultum did mention the vents and possible sling getting legs caught aswell so I'm really contemplating a new enclosure (front opening )and as you say some fake plants

Attachments

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I might get a front opening enclosure as he/she does web but obvs I break it when I open it to feed .. yes it's cork bark :) ... I keep it dry and spritz every other day , ultum did mention the vents and possible sling getting legs caught aswell so I'm really contemplating a new enclosure (front opening )and as you say some fake plants
I hated ripping the webs, too, so I keep them in inverted Amac boxes once they’ve gained a little size. I have 2 that are 3/4-1” now and the inverted Amac boxes make feeding more difficult for these little ones as you have to drive the feeder to the sling. I’m trying out a split top plastic spice jar now. Whatever way you choose, smaller is better when they are tiny. Also Avic types need a ton of ventilation, especially if you mist or they could suffocate. I use a tattoo ink cap and drip a drop or two of water on their webbing every few days. That pink clicky in Viper’s signature (turn your phone on its side if u can’t see it and it magically appears) is the best advice in the boards for all things Avic.