C. Lividum Setup

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
Okay, so i managed to actually get a relatively clear picture :p.

View attachment 259251 View attachment 259252

I keep my spiders in a cabinet that is closed on three sides. As you can see in pic 1 i have placed the cable above the enclosures and (pic 2) on one side, but up by the lid. This way, there is a source of warmth on the sides and above them, without hotspots. Both these enclosures hold burrowers, E.pachypus to the left and A.ezendami on the right.
I don't lose much heat like this and still keep the ventilation adequate. :)

Edit: @KeiraJ
The correct name is C.lividus. When it was Haplopelma, the correct name was lividum, but that changed when it became Cyriopagopus ;)
That's an interesting setup for sure- The thing is that I would be concerned using plastics for them- As arthropods are notorious for being able to absorb chemicals through their exoskeletons- Therefore, I've always elected a glass container intended for the specific purpose. (though, I'll admit, drilling air holes through glass is difficult.)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That's an interesting setup for sure- The thing is that I would be concerned using plastics for them- As arthropods are notorious for being able to absorb chemicals through their exoskeletons- Therefore, I've always elected a glass container intended for the specific purpose. (though, I'll admit, drilling air holes through glass is difficult.)
Curvers and such have been used for many years and are, as far as i know, safe to use. I always clean them thoroughly before use, and leave them to air out after i made the holes in them.
For burrowers, a glass enclosure is not really suitable or convenient. You always need to make alterations in ventilation and put them on their ends because you can't give them enough substrate otherwise. I would consider it for my Augacephalus and Ephebopus species, because they are fairly visible, but not for say, my P.muticus who's never out anyways for now. Maybe when she's bigger. :)
Most of my spiders aren't adult yet, i will transfer my terrestrial and arboreal species to glass tanks eventually, for their 'final tanks', but not yet.