C.lividum egg sack.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
So my C.albostriatius produced a phantom sack a couple weeks back. I recently took it from her when she was at burrow entrance and opened it. Boy did it smell terrible. All I need now is my C.minax to drop a phantom sack and I will have gotten phantom sacks from all my Asian fossorials, lol.

Attachments

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Had she abandoned it? I don't imagine there is a chance of the female eating the sac once it goes sour like that, but do they just dump them then?

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Had she abandoned it? I don't imagine there is a chance of the female eating the sac once it goes sour like that, but do they just dump them then?
Not sure. The first one my C.lividus made she abandoned outside of burrow entrance, came home from work one day and was just sitting on top of substrate. The 2nd one she made she ate it. My C.albostriatius had hers in her legs near top of burrow entrance so I just took it from her and opened it out of curiosity. I never bred either of them and my C.albostriatius molted a couple months back so I know she wasn't fertile.