C. lamanai molted

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well my C. lamanai molted today, and its a girl:D . now if my premolt T.blondi would go ahead and get it over with that would make my whole collection molted in just 2 months (with the exception of the rosehair). she grew a good amount too, from 3.5" to just about 4.5".

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Man, thats a bunch of molts.
Knock on wood, dude.:) You got to feel good about that.
Congrats.

Ernie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lycanthrope,

I am getting a 3.5"+ C.lamanai in my next order and have hardly seen any pics of them. I'd love to see some pics of yours if possible. Any suggestions on how to care for it besides the usual hide, water dish, etc? Do they need especially high humidity or temp or anything like that? Also what is its temper like?

Any help is much appreciated!

Mark

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I am getting a 3.5"+ C.lamanai in my next order and have hardly seen any pics of them. I'd love to see some pics of yours if possible. Any suggestions on how to care for it besides the usual hide, water dish, etc? Do they need especially high humidity or temp or anything like that? Also what is its temper like?
well from the info on these ive managed to compile (which isnt much) they come from a somewhat drier climate. not a desert or anything, just more arid coastal forest. i mist it lightly once or twice a week, and keep its water dish full. mine digs like crazy, so i give her plenty of burrow-friendly substrate.(standard 50/50 peat verm) as far as temper, she seems to have a decent disposition. i have yet to see a threat posture, and the only time shes kicked any hair was on the drive from fl to tn, and then she kicked herself bald. i even misted her directly a few times when i thought she was M. velvetosoma, and she didnt so much as budge. heres the only pic i have, its crappy color, blurry and doesnt do her any justice. its also before the molt, and she looks a whole lot better now, with a nicer color scheme. hope this helped. well it wont let me upload the image. look for my thread "beggining to think my m. velvetosoma isnt." sorry

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cool thanks for the info!
I can;t wait for mine to come in
Mark