C.huahini humidity help !

regalis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Somewhere it says that this species need 80-90%.. somewhere 50-60%... so what is the true answer now ??

Last edited:

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If no one has the guts...

...I will tell you. This species does require a bit higher humidity, but 90% is a little excessive. First off, I had once owned one (sold her a while back) and she was in a tank with deep peat moss. She ended up digging a burrow, where humidity was around 70%. Keep in mind that the massive amounts of webbing and being surrounded by peat moss, the humidity was just fine. Keep in mind, there is no perfect percentage. I have over 20 T. blondi, all of whom have different requirements for humidity. Some prefer 90%, one in particular gets antsy when humidity goes over 65% ! If the humidity is too low, you will know. She will hover her book lungs over the water dish. If it is too humid, she will most likely try to climb up the walls to get out of the cage. Her webbing and peat moss will hold humidity quite well. Keep the substrate moist and everything should be OK. If she is in her retreat, chances are everything is fine. If she is wandering the cage (out of her retreat, try increasing the humidity.