C.hati hati Confusion

Kevinthegreat

Arachnopeon
Guys is c. hati hati and malaysian earth tiger the same? i couldnt find any caresheet for my c. hati hati help please.

basin79

ArachnoGod
They're definitely not the same. Cyriopagopus sp Hati Hati is it's own T.

My Hati Hati is somewhat a burrower. Rarely see it and it's arboreal enclosure is largely wasted.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Who knows, common names suck.
Keep them like any other Asian arboreal. They like moist substrate with some climbing room, they turn more arboreal as they grow. But like to burrow when young.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Who knows, common names suck.
Keep them like any other Asian arboreal. They like moist substrate with some climbing room, they turn more arboreal as they grow. But like to burrow when young.
Tell that to my adult female.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I googled "Malaysian Earth Tiger" and got Cyriopagopus schiodtei.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
^ correct.

Sp. hati hati is often mistaken for C. shiodtei as they have similar colour.

C. shoedtei is the malaysian earth tiger. It is fossorial and grows to 22cm DLS.

C. sp hati hati AKA Hatihati Purple grows to around 15cm DLS and is arboreal upon adulthood.

creepa

Arachnoknight
C. shoedtei is the malaysian earth tiger. It is fossorial and grows to 22cm DLS
^incorrect...;)

C. schioedtei is an arboreal species that in captivity diggs a burrow in the substrate and may adapt to a arboreal lifestyle when older..., but in there natural habitat lives up in the trees.

I qoute:

" Primary lowland and foothill monsoon forest where it lives in hollow trees many meters up. Adult females are almost entirely found in large mature trees, but younger animals can be found behind loose bark, in rock crevices and in man made structureslike bridges and board walks."

https://sites.google.com/site/asianarboreals/cyriopagopusschioedtei

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
^incorrect...;)

C. schioedtei is an arboreal species that in captivity diggs a burrow in the substrate and may adapt to a arboreal lifestyle when older..., but in there natural habitat lives up in the trees.

I qoute:

" Primary lowland and foothill monsoon forest where it lives in hollow trees many meters up. Adult females are almost entirely found in large mature trees, but younger animals can be found behind loose bark, in rock crevices and in man made structureslike bridges and board walks."

https://sites.google.com/site/asianarboreals/cyriopagopusschioedtei
Hey. Every days a school day. I thought was one of the fossorial ones.

So they are more alike hati than I thought.