C. fasciatum temperment.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have 6 that I'm growing up, and they all seem very disinclined to bite. Skittish, but not bitey in the least.

I was wondering what other's experiences were in this regard.

Joshlividum567

Arachnopeon
Yea, I've had two of them.Thats how they are.Skittish, but not very aggressive at all.I've never had one attempt to rear up or bite.

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Skittish pretty much sums it up. I don't have any now, but have had several in the past. If I remember correctly, they also have a strange way of raising their abdomen when you're bothering them. I never perceived it as a threat pose, but it does kinda throw you off a bit.

Maxrpm

Arachnopeon
My adult female isn't skittish in the least. She's very bold and will attack my tongs when I am trying to do maintenance on her enclosure. She's very curious and will go investigate any movement.

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My girl is skittish and really only willing to bite my face off when I'm taking her egg sac :-/ But my boys were VERY different! I slept with one eye open :) they were into such drastic threat possess they fell over on their backs. They bit the tongs and held on. I was pleased my finger wasn't involved.

Hanes

Arachnosquire
My 1 1/2" sling is always quite docile, very rarely kicks hairs, is always out and only ever runs for cover when I accidentally jolt the enclosure. She also does that weird abdomen raise thing

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Only owned three. All females and all very skittish. Disappeared into their hidey holes at any disturbance.

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These are one of my all time favorite species. The couple that I have now all seem to have very similar temperaments. VERY SKITTISH. Like run laps around the enclosure until they find they're hide when you turn the light on skittish. But they don't seem to be very aggressive. I have had a few warning slaps, but no fangs.

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
I had a sling a while ago, she was skittish, not overly defensivie, usually just ran to her burrow when frightened.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
BrianS has the biggest female I have ever seen. she is easily 5 inches or better. But she is also VERY defensive. When touching her enclosure she acted like an OBT.

Also I had a male(that we pair with Brians female) he also was really defensive. But only after his ultimate molt. before that he was just skittish and shy.

My 3.5 inch female is very nervous/skittish. never seen any defensiveness from her though.

tarantulamex

Arachnopeon
I own two females and neither of them is skittish. They will both of them "take your finger off" aggressive. My large one just sealed her burrow because she is ready to moult.For the last two weeks she has been even more aggressive than ever.My smaller one never uses her hide and will attack water droplets.But I love them both.Lol.