c. fasciatum semi-arboreal behaviour

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my 2" c.f has one hide under a piece of cork-bark leaning against the side of the terrarium, but has also webbed up the artificial plant and likes hanging out there as well, higher up. just wondering if anyone else has observed similar behaviour.

cheers! :D
- munis

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine had her tank webbed up so thick that it was white. Half the time I was unable to even see her at all. After Wolfy rehoused her the other day she webbed up a corner in the top of the tank and has been hanging out there. So I don't think it's too unheard of.

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the sling that i have tends to hang out on the sides of the enclosure as well. when do they really start webbing up their enclosure? mine webs but it is not to where it covers the whole enclosure. is it because it is still a sling and will increase in webbing as it gets older? also, what is the growth rate of c. fasciatum? do they grow quick or are they slow?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a one inch sling, and it hangs out where it wants to, sometimes it tries out the arboreal life, but it also has a tunnel system dug out in its deli cup. I think they do both equally so I would say they are semi arboreal.

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The one I had could definitely be described as "semi-arboreal." Never used its hide, webbed up the whole place. I wouldn't be too worried.