C.Cyaneopubescens pairing

Vnckenneth

Arachnopeon
Hi guys im planning to breed my 5"mf gbb and 4.7" mm gbb. What are your thoughts on instead of putting the male gbb on the fem enclosure, im planning to introduce the female into the male enclosure.

Vnckenneth

Arachnopeon
We all know that in gbb pairing males tend to be always eaten haha, but someone told me that theres this tarantula guy (no name) that he has a high success rate on gbb pairing without males getting eaten by putting the female into the male enclosure. I'm trying to findout if this is true or what are some keepers thoughts about this.

cold blood

Staff member
We all know that in gbb pairing males tend to be always eaten haha, but someone told me that theres this tarantula guy (no name) that he has a high success rate on gbb pairing without males getting eaten by putting the female into the male enclosure. I'm trying to findout if this is true or what are some keepers thoughts about this.
This belief is skewed by beginners loving to pair GBB IMO. They are one of the most difficult and time consuming species to pair, with very extensive courtship...because new keepers always want to breed them, their impatience and/or lack of understanding of this species' courtship, or pairing at times when the female isn't ready or even mature can and often does lead to males getting munched. However, with proper patience and understanding, I find GBBs to be every bit as unlikely to eat the male as most any species. In fact I have never once even had a close call with GBBs and I have paired them quite a bit. No new keeper should be pairing this species or starting their breeding plans with them IMO.

But that advice won't stop anyone.

As for this question, what you want to do is just not how it works. Its males that wander in search of females, not the other way around...females should be paired in their comfort zone.

Now what you can do, is provide access to a neutral ground area, but I wouldn't put them there (or coerce them there), I would just provide it in case courtship led there organically. I did once have a good insertion after the GBBs slowly made their way to a neutral ground area.....providing this basically expands the area they can utilize, so its really more about giving them more available space than it being considered neutral ground to either t.

Last edited:

Vnckenneth

Arachnopeon
This belief is skewed by beginners loving to pair GBB IMO. They are one of the most difficult and time consuming species to pair, with very extensive courtship...because new keepers always want to breed them, their impatience and/or lack of understanding of this species' courtship, or pairing at times when the female isn't ready or even mature can and often does lead to males getting munched. However, with proper patience and understanding, I find GBBs to be every bit as unlikely to eat the male as most ant species. In fact I have never once even had a close call with GBBs and I have paired them quite a bit. No new keeper should be pairing this species or starting their breeding plans with them IMO.

But that advice won't stop anyone.

As for this question, what you want to do is just not how it works. Its males that wander in search of females, not the other way around...females should be paired in their comfort zone.

Now what you can do, is provide access to a neutral ground area, but I wouldn't put them there (or coerce them there), I would just provide it in case courtship led there organically. I did once have a good insertion after the GBBs slowly made their way to a neutral ground area.....providing this basically expands the area they can utilize, so its really more about giving them more available space than it being considered neutral ground to either t.
Wow sir what a great explanation. I forgot about the neutral grounds mating, will probably do that :) anyway what do you think is the effect regarding the topic sir ? I mean if i put the female into the male enclosureenclosure? Thank you sir for a great reply

CardJosh

Arachnopeon
I am no expert because I’m still trying with my pair no good insertion but still have male.However I was told bye a couple ppl to wet the enclosure first do to there natural habitats during breading season is this right.