C. cyaneopubescens just flipped on its back

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My greenbottle blue just rolled onto its back to molt. Its in a web hammock.

This should be fun!!!:D :D

My B. colloratvillosum molted out Female this afternoon. I think its going to be a good weekend..

I,ll keep you guys posted.

Ernie

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The suspense is a killer though, huh? Hope it goes well. You hoping for a female of this sp. as well I'm guessing?

Atrax

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Only problem is this spider does'nt like to give up its molted skin. It wants to keep it for a chew toy. Hard to sex a spit ball. LOL

E

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know what you mean. Mine always moults inside of a tube of cork bark that it seals at both ends. By the time it opens everything back up and pushes the skin out, you can't sex a thing since it's been dried up and crumpled for two weeks. I think it's a juvenile male but I'm just going to have to keep wondering until the one day I can actually get a fresh exuvia.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been told that a little warm, soapy water will make the exuvia pliable again. Have never tried it myself though.

Atrax

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
I've been told that a little warm, soapy water will make the exuvia pliable again. Have never tried it myself though.
I haven't tried that, but I've used rubbing alcohol to rehydrate successfully. The problem here is that the T has been resting and walking all over the dry, fragile skin for several days to a few weeks before I can get at it so rehydrating doens't really get me anywhere.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, Its done but still on its back. Legs are super blue and twice as thick as they were. I,m dying to try to take the molt out now. What do you think? If I wait , it may not let me.:confused:

E

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Hey CM

This might be going a bit OT from here, but I noticed your new avatar tonight. You'll always be the asswipe to me... :D

Bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: Hey CM

Originally posted by conipto
This might be going a bit OT from here, but I noticed your new avatar tonight. You'll always be the asswipe to me... :D

Bill
Oh, the asswipe will probably be back (and some might argue that no matter what my avatar, he never really did leave). I was playing with resizing some jpegs on my computer. That shot of my dog cracks me up every I see it so I wanted to see what it looked like as an avatar.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got the molt out, and its a FEMALE!!!:D :D :D

Thats two for two.... What luck..

E

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, since I've got a little coloratovillosus I think is male and a greenbottle I think is male, you might want to look for my "men seeking easy women" post in a year or so :)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
I haven't tried that, but I've used rubbing alcohol to rehydrate successfully. The problem here is that the T has been resting and walking all over the dry, fragile skin for several days to a few weeks before I can get at it so rehydrating doens't really get me anywhere.

Ahhh, I see. Good point. They can be destructive to their exuvia for sure.

Atrax

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Atrax,
I've been using soapy water, works like a charm.. I also remove the legs right off the bat, they just get in the way..

E

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

hey congrats on the female , i always find it cool to see how much a t has grown right after it molts, kinda makes you wonder how they can fit in their old skin at all, my regalis had to have gained at least 2 inches from its last molt had me boggled for a while, good luck---Jeff

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thank you Jeff,
Yes it is amazing, their legs must expand as soon as they pull out.
Its a trip, I'll never get tired of taking.

E

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congatrulations MrT! I'm glad your happy with your newly sexed spider:-D