C.cyaneopubescens GBB 1st instars molting into 2nd instars

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My C.cyaneopubescens GBB molted into 2nd instars, I managed to get pics of one of them molting as well as 1 or 2 in the timelapsed vid. Cute little guys, my favorite slings to raise!!

[youtube]B5ZTGbNI1E8[/youtube]

Pics of a freshly molted 2nd instar:

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ROB AWESOME! my gbb laid her sac TONIGHT! wish me luck! and congrats to you sir you dog! :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Rob! These guys are amazing! I got a little one a week or so ago.. It is one of my favs. already! It will attack anything that touches its web.. {D

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Grats and lovely bunch..

I don't know why but they scare me.. Scare me in I've had a 1" sling die from a very bad molt and I've got this feeling they are like the ones I'll never have luck with :(

I should get another and just jump back in but I'm so hesitant about getting another one.. Bad Mojo maybe? All in my head totally but not sure when I'll try again so I guess, as stated, they scare me for some reason, lol.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
My little GBB is a fast little thing too - when it comes to feeding. Otherwise he/She hangs out in his little web hammock. He can hit a cricket so fast...

Looking forward to seeing all the GBBs grow up!

Marga

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Grats and lovely bunch..

I don't know why but they scare me.. Scare me in I've had a 1" sling die from a very bad molt and I've got this feeling they are like the ones I'll never have luck with :(

I should get another and just jump back in but I'm so hesitant about getting another one.. Bad Mojo maybe? All in my head totally but not sure when I'll try again so I guess, as stated, they scare me for some reason, lol.
Must be man!!! I think this is a very hardy species!

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Must be man!!! I think this is a very hardy species!
Yea I keep hearing that (lol)

I think the biggest thing was it never was a "good" experience. Since I received the sling it hadn't done much in the way of activity and never ate. While still a looker it from the start appeared odd and went a month without eating then molted and split it's chest/abdomen open and I had to freeze it.

I I would have had a chance at more husbandry or a bit of time with it all of this I can take the loss but it was one of those situations were gut feeling told me the 2nd day onward something was wrong.

Oh well one of these days I'll grab another and if these go up Rob let me know and maybe I can get another before winter hits both you and I in the midwest.

Cheers and as always great pic/movies! :worship:

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are such cuties at that size!
I need one of these in my collection!
And some pokies...

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gorgeous babies, congrats on the success. They are such an exciting species!

Our MM is going off to the University soon to hopefully make some beautiful slings like yours! lol