Buying T's from the Classifieds

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
So I've never bought any T's from the classifieds and I was wondering how that whole process works. Do I pay first and then they ship? It all seems pretty sketchy and all I really need is some reassurance if thats possible...

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
its actually pretty secure. read reviews on the dealer first. almost everyone on here is 100% trustworthy. you send them a paypal payment and they ship it to you. i know its sounds sketchy but your not on arachnocrap.com you are here on one of the best forums for Ts and so the classifieds are extremely nice.

---------- Post added 06-23-2013 at 02:54 AM ----------

what are you buying?

---------- Post added 06-23-2013 at 02:55 AM ----------

what are you buying?

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
But what if the dealer is new? If they were to scam me I would be literally handing them my money. :L

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
But what if the dealer is new? If they were to scam me I would be literally handing them my money. :L
Check the review section. If you don't feel comfortable buying from someone new, find someone with positive feedback. Quite a few members are excellent people to buy from.

Mysteryavic

Arachnosquire
My 2 cents. I just jound not to long ago and just picked what i wanted. Everyone i looked at had many reviews and i just went with it. All have been better than i thought it would be. Do ur research and all will work its self out. Hope this helps, this is a good place to look u can once u get into it.

stewstew8282

Arachnoknight
ive got a bridge for sale, pm me for more details, it comes with a free T of your choice

carlson

Arachnopeon
Ive only gotten ts from a member I met on another forum. First time ever doing a transaction that way he was way cool bout all my little annoying questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Loosen up. This is how the world works when you mail order. You pay up front and they ship. I've never had a problem. If you're concerned, only buy from established dealers/breeders. They'll bend over backwards to keep you happy. They need good reviews and repeat business.

Last edited:

Akai

Arachnobaron
As others pointed out....the classifieds have been part of arachnoboards for a long time and like others said read reviews. Hobbyist breeders on the the board wouldn't be successful if they scammed people. Arachnoboards is quick to ban bad sellers too. Pay Pal has your back too if you get scammed so really it's a win win for you. Start off your first purchase with something small and see how you like it before you start making big purchases. Soon you'll get addicted and will be crawling with tarantulas.

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
As others have said, the reviews are very helpful(so make sure you write a review if you do decide to buy from classifieds!) But you should also insist on using PayPal, which seems to be fine with everyone. PayPal will let you dispute the transaction if anything goes wrong and makes legal details easier.

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
As others pointed out....the classifieds have been part of arachnoboards for a long time and like others said read reviews. Hobbyist breeders on the the board wouldn't be successful if they scammed people. Arachnoboards is quick to ban bad sellers too. Pay Pal has your back too if you get scammed so really it's a win win for you. Start off your first purchase with something small and see how you like it before you start making big purchases. Soon you'll get addicted and will be crawling with tarantulas.
I am addicted but i fear i may die of this addiction! i am not old enough to own my own house. very close though :) but because i still live with my mom until i am old enough to ship myself out, she limits my animals. she has been WAY more understanding than most parents and i am glad. but i want a new T and she says no so now i have to convince her lol. be careful. these things are very addicting.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
I feel your pain I'm 17 and always picking a fight to get another tarantula. :/

netr

Arachnoknight
To concur with what those above have said, there's nothing fishy about well-reviewed sellers on classifieds. Those who prove disreputable seem to end up swiftly expelled. Moreover, in my experience you're often quite likely to receive generous freebies - particularly when ordering recently-hatched spiderlings, of course. I once had fifteen N. chromatus thrown in for good measure!

lancej

Arachnolord
Look for what you want, read the reviews, and look how long they have been members on Arachnoboards. If they are new or don't have many or any reviews you can always post an inquiry in the inquiry section to see if anyone can vouch for them. Usually reputable sellers will answer ANY and ALL questions you have (and make sure that you do ask ALL of your questions BEFORE you spend any money). If they can't provide good customer service skills to your satisfaction, don't spend your money with them. Be patient and don't jump on the first deal unless you are totally comfortable with it.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
You guys sure are helpful. Thanks for all the replies.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Look for what you want, read the reviews, and look how long they have been members on Arachnoboards. If they are new or don't have many or any reviews you can always post an inquiry in the inquiry section to see if anyone can vouch for them. Usually reputable sellers will answer ANY and ALL questions you have (and make sure that you do ask ALL of your questions BEFORE you spend any money). If they can't provide good customer service skills to your satisfaction, don't spend your money with them. Be patient and don't jump on the first deal unless you are totally comfortable with it.
x1,000,000.Very well said......Go with your gut,and do NOT be afraid to ask the seller any questions that you have.

Hawk

Arachnopeon
It is really secure, and if they send next day they need to provide a tracking number, if they fail to do so and you don't get a package you get your money back. Only by paypal though. I bought some T's from the classifieds without really thinking about it.