my personal choices:
h lividum
c crawshayi
a seemani
h gigas
b vagans

arachnidsrck

Arachnopeon
sry i didn't give enough detail i know about the cobalt but i don't realy want that ove because of the aggression but i was thinking about a trap door spider can anyone give me some care info and cage setup??

Mandrake

Arachnopeon
The first thing that you ought to consider regarding trapdoor spiders is that most of the have pretty serious venom. If you're leery about a lividium or other haplopelma, I doubt that a trapdoor is the best route for you.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
The only species I've ever kept that each and every individual was a definite burrower: H. lividum. My H. schmidti has excavated a tiny little hide under her water dish, but lividum will make tunnels and burrows galore.

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have an H. lividum cobalt blue and she burrows like crazy.But she hardly EVER comes out. i am currently trying to trade her.......she isnt a very good display spider. I am however getting a red trapdoor spider on monday and ill tell you how it is.

Spencer

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Citharischius crawshayi is a tunneling machine. Will not stop.
thedarkfinder

aliceinwl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Aphonopelma eutylenum types dig like crazy. They do seem to need a bark slab and with a premade cavity underneath to get started. Mine are all very nonagressive, slow moving, and easy to handle.

-Alice

Niloticus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In my own experience, I have found that H. Gigas and C. Crawshayi burrow the most. They make multiple tunnels all over the enclosure. It is a pretty awesome sight.

Niloticus

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
bonesmama said:
I know they're really common, but my A. seemanis are burrowing fools!

Its funny though, my a seemani dosen't go in its burrow much, its almost always crawling around in the open, its proabably just one of those oddball ones lol:}

wolfpak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
chique said:
I would agree that L.parahybana are good burrowers but IME only when they are young.
My best burrower is my aphnopelma chalcodes, (don't know how typical it is for this species though). No matter how much substrate I give her she never stops digging until she hits walls then starts turning corners etc until she has a cool network of tunnels going on.

Like I said though I don't know how usual this is for this species.

My M.robustum burrowed for a while but just hangs around on top of her self made cavern now :?
i have a couple of L. parahybana slings that are about 1/4" when i got them. now they are about 2", but none has burrowed :?