Burrow Collapse - Help out or not?

IDMiriam

Arachnopeon
To reset or not to reset? That is the question.

As you can see by the way this poor little A. geniculata is sitting at the top of the burrow with a WTH? look on it's face, it apparently missed a couple days of burrow building class. The top of the corner kinda caved in on him and now we've got a big gaping hole in the middle of the top of our burrow.

He's already not the easiest critter to feed as he likes to hide at the bottom of the burrow and I have to use a flashlight to see if he gets his roach or not. (He always does, burrow day he missed, jump on that food day, he definitely attended.)

So, do I cup the spider and reset the environment so he can try again? Or just leave things as they are and figure he'll sort it out?

Thanks in advance,

IDMiriam

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Tarantulas are hardy creatures, so you don't need to redo the tarantulas enclosure. It will do what it wants as that's how tarantulas are in general. The enclosure may look improper and what not, but tarantulas are not proper when it comes to burrowing or using what is given to them in an enclosure. It will be fine for the most part.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
no worries the t it will just dig more is all just dont stress out if it digs towards the middle and you dont see it for days/weeks and or a month or two :D

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
Tarantula does what tarantulas do best - uglifying their carefully decorated enclosures. Don't waste your time undoing what will be redone in 10 minutes by a little eight legged menace.

IDMiriam

Arachnopeon
I thought the sling was buried, but this is nothing.
Glad to hear it's nothing. I agree it could have been worse, I was really relieved to see the little guy crawl out covered in dirt.

As a newer owner, I just wasn't sure if it would be helpful for me to get involved. It seems like the answer is no, this is just a spider thing that happens and he'll happily recover in his own way. Which is also great to hear.

IDMiriam

Arachnopeon
Thanks folks, sounds like my first instinct of let the spider handle his own problems how else will he learn was the right answer. So I'll just enjoy watching to see what happens next.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sometimes I help them out of a collapse- my help isn’t needed though

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
I’ve only helped twice because both times the T burrowed too much until the cork bark fell on them and they were stuck