Burried Treasure

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OKay, so I've been a 'Tarantula Keeper' for 8 days now, and this is definitly the dumbest thing I've done yet.
I decided I would feed Peso last night since it's been about 6 days since he last chowed down. Now, if you've been reading my posts, you know that Peso (my 1" G.Pulchra) doesn't burrow very much, and prefers to cling to the sides of his babyfood jar. So, I started a little burrow for him with my pinky finger. Well, I dropped an upper cricket body part into his jar, but it went to the bottom of his burrow. Since he never goes in it, I figured he'd never find it there, so, using my exacto knife, i tried to fish out the cricket head. All I ended up doing was moving around the substrate, and now the cricket head is burried somewhere in the jar. It's going to have to come out, but i don't want to move/freak out Peso. Suggestions, please. Like I said; dumbest thing yet.
Paul

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey

Just move Peso out and do a general cleaning, try to get pinheads for him.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No doubt,

Just remove your little Peso, get that cricket head, put back Peso.
Next time, feed Peso something other than a cricket head. A one incher should be able to tackle and eat a 1/2" alive cricket.
None available? Then take whatever you have available and split it, or break it in half. No need to put it down a burrow or anything, just place it somewhere in there with Peso and Peso will find it, and eat it. Remember to clean up whatever Peso leaves behind.
john

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
You leave it, and it will decay. 1" is big enough to eat small crickets. larger than pinhead. get a few, and try him. My new T. Blondi is smaller than him, and has eaten 6 so far.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a Pinktoe and a H Maculalata spiderling. The Maculata was 1 inch just before her molt last week and she would eat normal large cerickets. It just took her a while. My pinktoe is currently only an inch and yesterday she ate a ladybug and a large cricket.

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cranky Spider

Hey guys,
I moved Peso to a bigger enclosure, and I've decided to ditch the jar and leave him in his new home. I never did see the cricket head, and he probably just ate it.
He/She sure didn't like the move though, it would stay as far away from my hand as possible, and it took a lot of coaxing to get him into the new home. I think I'm going to buy a live cricket just to test the water, and it's also a sort of apology.
He's in a plastic container now called a 'lock &l lock'. it's just an imitation rubermaid thing, and it has four snap things to keep him securely in there. I hate it already because the plastic is blurry, and he's harder to see, but hopefully he'll find it more comfortable.
No more cricket parts.
Paul

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Rookie,

As hard as I try, there is no way I can keep all the leftovers cleaned up. All I can do, is the best I can do. With the T's webbing up and moving around substrate there alway going to be heads, legs, ect. left in the cage.

Sounds like your having a great time with your T's. Is this almost too much fun, or what?:D :D

Ernie