Bugs in the waterdish

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
So I set my new A. sp. Pucallpa up in her exo terra and after work I come home to these in her water dish wiggling and "jumping" around.
20161104_231904.jpg
Anyone know what the heck they are?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Springtails! Little clean up crew insects, beneficial for your T. I find them congregated in my Ts dishes quite often.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Springtails (Collembola subclass), they are good little buggers to have, they clean tank of mould, funghi and food boluses

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
I've been wondering if I should add some of these guys to my very humid cages with damp substrate, like my H. gigas and C. fimbriatus (Although the C. fimb gets mites purely because I messed up the holes in her cage and need to add a few more) But I am somewhat grossed out by tiny wiggly things, so I think I'd rather get a cleaning crew of isopods instead

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Thats a sigh of relief. I definitely wasn't looking forward to a complete clean up. I added wild caught isopods (middle of the woods, no pesticides) maybe they hitched a ride!

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Thats a sigh of relief. I definitely wasn't looking forward to a complete clean up. I added wild caught isopods (middle of the woods, no pesticides) maybe they hitched a ride!
consider yourself lucky, you just got it for free! I on the other hand had to pay for it :shifty: