Broken leg

charmont

Arachnopeon
I have a Emperor scorpion and one of it's leg appears to be broken or dead. The leg is red and dead looking. None of the other leg are red. He cant use the leg to walk. Will this affect his life span or cause other serious problems for him?

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a Emperor scorpion and one of it's leg appears to be broken or dead. The leg is red and dead looking. None of the other leg are red. He cant use the leg to walk. Will this affect his life span or cause other serious problems for him?
He either had a bad molt, but you would have noticed that if you saw the molt. But if you pruchased him this way then he might have had a bad molt in someone elses care. Or he has mycosis, in that case, he's sick and there maybe issues with the setup. Can you post pictures or give more information?

charmont

Arachnopeon
He has not moulted sense i got him. I didn't notice the leg when i got him. I recently saw him not moving the leg. I have a false bottom setup with 3-4 inches of ecoearth dirt that comes in bricks. The temp is at 75-80 and humidity is 50-80

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Or he has mycosis, in that case, he's sick and there maybe issues with the setup. Can you post pictures or give more information?
Am Emp aint gonna have mycosis. Chances are its a wild caught import that has lived and seen it all. A bad leg wont keep it from feeding and doing well though

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really? I figured if it had no ventilation at all it could. I've never seen it in person.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Really? I figured if it had no ventilation at all it could. I've never seen it in person.
Chances are if its like 90% of them I have seen, its been kept too dry lol

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Rookie assumption. {D
haha your days of being a rookie are numbered. Soon as I get some C vittatus for you and they start dropping broods left and right, you'll be an expert and wanting more scorps in no time hahaha{D

I didnt collect this weekend, it got down to 17F last night:rolleyes: Sick of living in the deep freeze!!!

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha your days of being a rookie are numbered. Soon as I get some C vittatus for you and they start dropping broods left and right, you'll be an expert and wanting more scorps in no time hahaha{D
Well you found the C. vittatus, I got a bunch. Time to create another addict.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I didnt collect this weekend, it got down to 17F last night:rolleyes: Sick of living in the deep freeze!!!
Oh how I long for the day lol. I was sad all weekend cause I knew it was going to be too cold down there. Figures the day I PM you it's 80 and shot straight down from there.