Brittanie's Tarantulas!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lookin forward to it.. :biggrin:Ill get some first hand exp. with a FEW diff ts ive never owned. I can live vicariously through your collection, then decide which ones id like to add to my own.

So far, i have a couple nice additions lined up.. just a matter of getting paid to snag them. a few subfusca LL and a nice new Lampy (niggerrimum) would make my collection less stagnant

Grin

Arachnoknight

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks, it's been awhile.
It's now 1.5" and in premolt. I boosted the humidity a bit, so we should see what happens soon.
Oh, okay. Your picture was pretty deceiving, because it looks bigger than that. Mine is about the same size, but I never see it, aside from its legs sticking out from underneath its trap door, or the quick flash of it coming out of its burrow to snatch a cricket. The past couple weeks though I haven't seen any legs sticking out underneath the trap door's lid at night like I usually do, so I can only assume it's in premolt too.

Grin

Arachnoknight
Oh, okay. Your picture was pretty deceiving, because it looks bigger than that. Mine is about the same size, but I never see it, aside from its legs sticking out from underneath its trap door, or the quick flash of it coming out of its burrow to snatch a cricket. The past couple weeks though I haven't seen any legs sticking out underneath the trap door's lid at night like I usually do, so I can only assume it's in premolt too.
It does look bigger.
Mines in a large vial and once it molts i know i'm going to have to rehouse it.
She has a nice burrow going on along the side and can see in it pretty clear.
I'm debating on getting another still.

Grin

Arachnoknight
Aww...poor Ephebopus got a shower...:D
Had to flood her out of her old enclosure to rehouse her.
I'm sure she didn't mind since the person who cared for them while i was away for 3 months forgot to give a bit of water.
Everything was bone dry.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
been wondering when youd update this thread:biggrin:
very cool stuff.. keep it coming

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Wow... you capture some pretty great colors in your T's. Couple in the above I'm going to have to pick up soon...

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Had to flood her out of her old enclosure to rehouse her.
I'm sure she didn't mind since the person who cared for them while i was away for 3 months forgot to give a bit of water.
Everything was bone dry.
Ouch, yeah. Hope that beauty is doing well still ;)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey, have you sexed your schioedtei yet? Im assuming female? I read males "green out" very early on?

Grin

Arachnoknight
Wow... you capture some pretty great colors in your T's. Couple in the above I'm going to have to pick up soon...
Thanks, it's all in the Nikon!

All are well worth keeping.

---------- Post added 12-07-2012 at 11:43 AM ----------

Ouch, yeah. Hope that beauty is doing well still ;)
She seems to be doing better with more room and substrate, already has a burrow built.
Gave her a roach last night, she just hangs out of her burrow with it in her fangs.

---------- Post added 12-07-2012 at 11:45 AM ----------

Hey, have you sexed your schioedtei yet? Im assuming female? I read males "green out" very early on?
No, i never got to see the last molt since i was away.
It does look female to me, and shes in premolt right now so we should see soon.

How's that LP?

---------- Post added 12-07-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

Grin

Arachnoknight

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great update, as usual. How big is your Psalmopoeus reduncus?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Glad to hear that T is doing better again!

Lovely reduncus!