Britain is stuck!

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think by now, being into Scorpions for a while.... I've seen every suppliers web site in the UK. Lots of places are happy to sell P.Imperators and various heterometrus'. But there's NOWHERE which sells more exotic, rare and less sought after Scorpions such as B.Jacksoni and the likes.

The UK is boring, I envy you folks who live in the US, you seem to have access to far more than we do!

If I'm wrong and I've 'skimmed past' a British site which would fulfill my desires of having something different, then let me know.... but you guys from the US, just consider yourselves lucky!

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think that the reason is because it is illegal to keep buthids in Europe, so you will not see as many, or atleast in the UK. People elsewhere in Europe have gold mines of different exciting species..

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As Lokal has said, you need a DWA license to legally keep anyspecies from the family buthidae in the UK.
If you want some interesting scorpions for example Heterometrus swammerdammi and heterometrus xanthopus, you need to get down to the invert shows.
And the Us does not have the access that the rest of europe has to tarantulas and scorpions, you need to look on other european sites and you may find what yyou are looking for.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You got it wrong! Where do you think those Tityus that's in U.S came from? Most stuff you see came from Europe. :D

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You got it wrong! Where do you think those Tityus that's in U.S came from? Most stuff you see came from Europe
and almost everything can be sent through the post.....The best trading is between collecters/keepers not dealers...;)

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is illegal to keep buthids in the UK. So you will never find anything for sale over there... legally that is.

I don't know about all of Europe though, a continent wide ban of anything would seem unlikely.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The UK is boring, I envy you folks who live in the US, you seem to have access to far more than we do!
I feel your pain, but in kinda reversed. Europe seams to have alot of exotic T species that are really hard to come by in America. So many times I see P.altrichomatus on a dealers list, get all exited and then realize that the price is in euros :wall: ~ Rex

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H.swammerdami is often available in the UK along with other very interesting Heterometrus spp.

I can't imagine anything more "exotic" than this