Breeding Usambaras

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If i had another female to breed him with or knew of somebody who had one, I'd probably move him along, but the person who loaned him to me still has four mature males that he's trying to find mates for, so this guy is, as Holley said, expendable. Also, leaving them together longer increases your chances of a successful mating. Mine have been mating repeatedly since I put them in together last night.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Good luck, Galeogirl! Wow! Multiple matings in one evening! Isn't it odd, the species that have the nastiest reputations (in regard to defensive behavior toward humans) often seem the gentlest and most "loving" to each other!

Joy

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's been my experience with a lot of the baboon spiders, they're so easygoing with each other. It always surprises me.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Galeogirl,
You inspired me and last night I put my mature male who has been sperm webbing like crazy in with my mature female. He acted shy at first but this morning he was stroking her with his two front legs. It's so cool, and right now they are just facing each other calmly. They made it through the first night without any signs of her eating him. I'm gonna leave him in with her and hope for the best and an eggsac would be great!!!! "Hopefully he won't stop vacuuming for a while!"