Breeding solfugid(Rhagodes sp.)

attenboroughii

Arachnosquire
wild-caught adult male
mating   eggs(F1) babies(L1) L2 baby eating adult fly(Lucilia sericata) sleeping solifuges premolt juveniles mating pair(F1) now, F2 eggs grow quickly :)
Hello all.
I have had solfugids for 4 years.

Before long,I will succeed in the captive breeding of Rhagodidae(Rhagodes sp.) came from Egypt.
I would like to share information on breeding.:D

Last edited:

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
View attachment 392660
View attachment 392661 View attachment 392662 View attachment 392663 View attachment 392664 View attachment 392665 View attachment 392666 View attachment 392668 View attachment 392669 View attachment 392671
Hello all.
I have had solfugids for 4 years.

Before long,I will succeed in the captive breeding of Rhagodidae(Rhagodes sp.) came from Egypt.
I would like to share information on breeding.:D
very exciting to hear, we would love to hear about lifespan, keeping practice and other husbandry aswell !

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
Finally someone who can show the skeptics here that these animals live more than just a few months in captivity.
Welcome @attenboroughii, and amazing results! I've had only failures with Rhagodes, but I am more experienced with Paragaleodes.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Finally someone who can show the skeptics here that these animals live more than just a few months in captivity.
Welcome @attenboroughii, and amazing results! I've had only failures with Rhagodes, but I am more experienced with Paragaleodes.
Have you tried with our Canadian Eremobates?

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Show 'em how it's done! I'm really impressed--every time I see CB attempts the babies seem to die around the third instar.

attenboroughii

Arachnosquire
very exciting to hear, we would love to hear about lifespan, keeping practice and other husbandry aswell !
Rhagodes lifespan is 2~4 years,or more.
Lifespan is decided after moulting to adult.
moulted adult male survives for 2 month. adult female survives for 5 month maybe.

attenboroughii

Arachnosquire
I love Paragaleodes,too.
I have had semi-adult Paragaleodes sp. for 3 years.
so cute Solifugae:lol:
she is sleeping.
moult

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
moulted adult male survives for 2 month. adult female survives for 5 month maybe.
That's my experience as well with Galeodidae and Karschiidae - adult males do not live long, but I had adult females live close to a year after molting. It does not surprise me that adult Rhagodes have a shorter lifespan.

attenboroughii

Arachnosquire
Show 'em how it's done! I'm really impressed--every time I see CB attempts the babies seem to die around the third instar.
Yes. When I breed babies, the most important thing is food.
Its common green bottle fly (Lucilia sericata).
Maggots have been selling as bait for fishing in Japan. I make it emergence.

IMG_3846.jpg
Also, I,m feeding at the right time. The sun spider holding poop after moult .
IMG_3785.jpg
Look at the arrow symbol. Its a poop.
If you feed before defecation, They are probably going to die.
Like this. He is dying.

View attachment hiyo.mp4

Its a maldigestion, I think.

I feed Solifugae as much as one likes.
In addition, I kept a constant temperature of 82℉, but it can breed without problems.
View attachment hiyo.mp4

Is it alright if I write in Japanese? :embarrassed:

Last edited:

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
This information is excellent, thank you.
I think writing in Japanese will be a problem - most of us here cannot read it, and translating using google leads to very poor results usually...

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
If you could provide information on the Galeodes granti husbandry it would be wonderful looking to buy 1 sub-adult

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Wow incredible thread, will follow :plot: , thank you for sharing