breeding Selenotholus glenelva

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
got myself a male on loan and wondering what i do, do i have to wait for the male to make a sperm web?, if it is sucessful how do i get the sac from mum if she is in her burrow?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
got myself a male on loan and wondering what i do, do i have to wait for the male to make a sperm web?, if it is sucessful how do i get the sac from mum if she is in her burrow?
Click this link, read the breeding reports and it should give you a little help.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/forumdisplay.php?f=40

What i think you have to do is wait for the male to make a sperm web in his own enclosure. When you see this sperm web it should look like a tent connecting from the wall to the floor diagonally.

After you see this web your male is probably loaded his hooks with sperm bulbs ( i think thats right) then you can put the male into the female's enclosure if she is ready to be mated and take it from there.

I don't know anything about tarantula species with regard to the females eating the males but if the male is unsuccessful but gets to escape with his life i would let them both rest giving them two - three days then let him try again....