{breeding} Question

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i placed two of my Ts together (femaleand male) Within two minutes they were touching:
my male and female both lifted their legs in the air (front legs) opened their fangs. After another two minutes my male put his feelers on my females abdomen from under and stayed like that for a minute then shook while he was underneath her and after while went back to the original state (legs in air holding girlie's legs in air) after a minute or two of rubbing their legs together my male backed off. Yet the female followd and her opened up his fanges and they went back to holding their legs in the air. now after a couple minutes my male climvs onto his bell( a shelter) and takes off around our table. i suppose he was running away.

Questions:
Does this look like they mated?
Or was my male protyecting himself from my girlie help!!!
i need these answerred

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Sounds like it, the male putting his palps on her abdomen, (underneath right?) would be the mating.

What species we talking about here? G. rosea?

-Sean

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
g rosea
he put his little feeler thingys on the underside of her abdomen and pushed lightly.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds like a typical mating........ how long have you had the male? See any evidence of a sperm web?

Oh yes and like mentioned knowing the species will help some but all mating is the same really. And what you described sounds like a mating. Once the male handles his business he tends to try to make a clean escape.

G Rosea is a good beginner species, they mate with little supervision.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
welll i've seen him lying on his back under a leaning web.
i guess yes he has made a sperm web ^_^ i'll keep you guys posted hopefully it was a success

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pairing them more then once is a good idea, I try for three pairings. After that then you can just worry about feeding her and such.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you should wait with pairing them again until you are sure he has made another sperm web. he emptied his sexual organs if he used them both in the mating and thus has probably no sperm left right now. it might take a few days or even weeks for him to make another sperm web, also depending on his age.