breeding question

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok my question is simple... what species is the easiest to breed and get slings from? I mean which one is least likely to eat the male or the eggs?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
i am by no means experienced, but here is what I have bred sucessfully so far, and IMO, may be easier species than some others:

P murinus
B albopilosum
A versicolor

All mothers have kept eggsacs until at least day 30, when I pulled most of them. They were all good moms, and there were not many dud eggs, with one of my P murinus as an exception to this.
P murinus cohabitated for 2-3 months together, B albo had to be closely supervised, and A versicolor munched the male once she was gravid (and I didn't know she was)
hope that helps, if you need specific info on any of these, feel free to email or PM me

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by johnnyjohnjon
ok my question is simple... what species is the easiest to breed and get slings from? I mean which one is least likely to eat the male or the eggs?
Why wouldn't you want the male eaten unless you plan to
pass him around to other ladies? From what I understand about breeding, the female can actually use the extra nutrition provided by the devoured male. On the other hand, if you have a male that you're attached to, you don't want to see him die right in front of you. I don't know what I'm going to do when Gizmo, my
A. bicloratum molts mature. I'm thinking i could be a early as this year. Hopefully, he'll last at least another year or two before I have to give him up to breeding. He's SUCCCCHHHHHHH a sweetie!!! :)

Wysi

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you are certainly the conundrum dawn. don't want pinkies to die, yet watch the males get munched . . . :} :}

did you get my pm?

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by pdrake
you are certainly the conundrum dawn. don't want pinkies to die, yet watch the males get munched . . . :} :}

did you get my pm?
[/QUOTE

I've never watched a male get munched. ;)

Yes, I did get your PM and I already emailed you back (rather than just doing another PM). :)

Wysi

P.S. I saw your post about your seemani after I sent that email. ;)

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well, you might not want your male eaten if you're breeding a really expensive species...(grin)

besides, you can give your female lots of other nutrition other than the male. hehehe...