breeding question

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Why do people always send the mature males out on breeding sprees?
Why not send out the females?
I'm just curious I guess.
I have a mature male B vagans but I don't know when his "ultimate molt" was.

Also, is there any difference in coloring between male and female B. vagans?
The red coloring on his abdomen isn't very bright so I was just wondering. He's more orange than red.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is no real color difference between the mature males and the females. The males can be a bit darker and leggy, but pretty much the same.

And people don't send out the females because one the female is worth more, and two you dont want to stress the female that is to be mated. You want to condition her and keep her calm and well fed. But I do think some people do it. Why I don't know. It really does not make to much since. To me trying to get a female on the fly just because you have a MM does not make much since, at best that is a hopes and dreams breeding.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah, my male is veeery leggy and very dark. I would like to send him out on breeding adventures, but I've never done something like that and wouldn't really know how to go about it. Plus I just have this thing about puting T's in the mail. I don't know why really.
Thanks for your reply :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Packing is a sinch. There is a packing thread somewhere around here that will help you out big time if you send him out.
I am sure if you advertise that you have one someone will contact you for his services.