Breeding Mealworms

Slavkleos

Arachnopeon
Worms
Food
Moisture food (carrot)
Cover (for some reason)
Is there anything else I need?

I haven't been able to breed superworms or crickets, the temperature peaks around the mid 20s because it's winter. I don't want the mealworms to be the same.

Attachments

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I didn't know this until I saw it in action, but I read that superworms won't breed if kept together (maybe it's just large numbers). I've been having luck by separating single supers and then pairing them up after they become beetles. I keep one female with one male, give them about a week together and then move them into something new so babies don't get eaten. When I do this I also swap out the males for genetic diversity (not sure that helps any but it definitely doesn't hurt).

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I didn't know this until I saw it in action, but I read that superworms won't breed if kept together (maybe it's just large numbers). I've been having luck by separating single supers and then pairing them up after they become beetles. I keep one female with one male, give them about a week together and then move them into something new so babies don't get eaten. When I do this I also swap out the males for genetic diversity (not sure that helps any but it definitely doesn't hurt).
I waited too long to separate they hatched so I’m stuck with worms and beetles in one tank . beetles act strange it’s like they are burrowing and crowding certain spots . I feed them veggies or fruit. Every few days .
This is for MEALworms not SUPERworms.
there the easiest to breed I got a long thread trying to figure them out but there’s probably care sheets on here too.