Breeding cyriocosmus ritae

mfm96

Arachnopeon
Need all the tips you can give me : )

Only thing i am worried about is that the male is the same size as the female. Will this be a problem?

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Never bred them... @advan bred mine.
The pair being the same size shouldn't be an issue...

mfm96

Arachnopeon
Put their enclousures right next to eachother. Female started drumming when she noticed the male, the male started walking around his cage and stopped at the other side. Then the female lost interest and startet webbing a bunch. Will post pictures of the process over the weekend.

Thanks for the replies, hoping for more tips! I have 2 females and 1 male, male matured 2 - 3 months ago, female molted two weeks ago. Going to shark cage the male since ive never seen this species for sale before were i live. Like to add that this is the first time i am breeding tarantulas.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Best of luck in breeding these. I wish this species was more common in the USA. I barely missed buying some at the start of the year.

mfm96

Arachnopeon
Thanks! How long should i wait before i breed the second female with the male? (Resting time for the male)

mfm96

Arachnopeon
Update:

Male introduced to female cage, he startet drumming like crazy, following her around. She showed no signes of interest, ran the other direction every time. Going to try with the second female later tonight.

mfm96

Arachnopeon
The male spent the night in the second females enclousure. He just chased her around drumming, same thing this morning. She does not seem interested either.
http://absolutehell.net/breeding-report-cyriocosmus-ritae/ : This report says that females rarely wants to engage in mating. Is there anyone here who can confirm it?

IMGP9220.jpg
Male with tibial hooks, both female T 's dont have this and they are roughly the same size.
IMGP9222.jpg
First female i attempted breeding.

IMGP9223.jpg
Same attempt as above.

IMGP9226.jpg
Second attempt on second female, you can see the burrow entrance.

IMGP9229.jpg
Both outside, female on the bottom left. After this she just ran around the enclousure.

Attachments

Jeff23

Arachnolord
The male spent the night in the second females enclousure. He just chased her around drumming, same thing this morning. She does not seem interested either.
http://absolutehell.net/breeding-report-cyriocosmus-ritae/ : This report says that females rarely wants to engage in mating. Is there anyone here who can confirm it?

View attachment 236393
Male with tibial hooks, both female T 's dont have this and they are roughly the same size.
View attachment 236394
First female i attempted breeding.

View attachment 236395
Same attempt as above.

View attachment 236397
Second attempt on second female, you can see the burrow entrance.

View attachment 236399
Both outside, female on the bottom left. After this she just ran around the enclousure.
That is a very nice article to read - Thank you for sharing it.

mfm96

Arachnopeon
No luck yet. The females just walks away from the male. Is this typical tarantula behaviour with any species?